Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so today after dropping tranny to replace clutch and flywheel plate.( spec light weight replacement). I noticed what seemed like oil slingin out from center of flywheel. Could this be oil or just grease from previous pilot bearing?

You should know that this clutch is shot only after about 100 miles and was an Autozone clutch. I did not break in due to knowing it would not hold up due to 315 nitto 555rs and just needing the car up an running for a track rental we put together. Anyway with not to much experience on this could I assume it was just fresh grease from the fairly unused pilot bearing or do I have a more serious prob? Thanks in advance

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Do you see it on the engine or trans side of the flywheel? Could be grease form the pilot, but they're usually not well-greased. Maybe you didn't seal the flywheel bolts and it was oil running out of them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No definitely out the center(where the pilot resides) not the 6 bolts on the flywheel. I was also thinking rear main and this brings another ?. When idling it has been rough like shaking the car rough. Could this be a slung bearing? Also is leaking out of the crank shaft pulley.(reasently changed).

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Flywheel side or engine side? If flywheel side I'd say its grease from a pilot. As far as the shaking goes I'd say its a misfire or weak cylinder, pilot bearing shouldn't cause a vibration except on clutch takeup. The oil coming from the front is it coming from the bolt or the seal?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its on flywheel side. And there was only pieces left of that clutch so that could have been the vibration, but it was noticable in neutral also? As far as the leakage on pulley side I assume I didn't seal the bolt well enough. Coming out and getting the loctite treatment asap!

·
Commoner
352 Posts
The autozone clutch only lasted 100miles?? WTH :eek:

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
The autozone clutch only lasted 100miles?? WTH :eek:
:lol. Looks like you better save for a better clutch there Conner.

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea around 100 miles . Long story short I got rear end, flywheel, new tranny, alum. Drive shaft. And spec stg. 2 all done at one time, By a shop. well turns out the guy was an idiot. Left no back lash In gears, and ****ed my clutch up. I literally had to stand up on clutch petal for disengagement. I mean I know it should be a lil harder as it was stage 2 but this was something wrong. So to get my car back driveable to go to the track I redid everything mechanic did :bash: and threw in Autozone clutch as I did not have time to wait for another to come in.:baller: gay **** I know but what ya going to do?

Anyway will go pick up rear main today an pray that's all it was. As this dropping the tranny in the driveway is getting old and making me grey/bald. lol wouldnt be as bad if I didn't have to drop the passenger side header every time.

·
Commoner
352 Posts
:lol. Looks like you better save for a better clutch there Conner.

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
lifetime guarentee so there getting screwed if there clutches are going bad that quick

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
If its n the flywheel side it won't be the rear main, leave it alone. As far as the vibration, a broken clutch could do it for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts