Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a ses light today and the car was sputtering so i went to autozone and get the code read. i figured it was a misfire, it was #8. so i got a coil. i have some spark plugs at home so i didnt get any of those. anyway, i changed the plug and when i took it out it was covered in oil. i mean soaked. that mean there is a leak somewhere? i didnt change the coil, just put the old coil back on to see if that would fix it, it didnt. so tomorrow i will put the new coil on. any suggestions or reasons for the oil being all over the plug? could that be causing the misfire?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
check the vc make sure its not leakin and getting down there. Is there like a sludge build up around the v/c

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had some like that once. I found out that it was from some oil some how setting inside the spark plug hole. When removed it drained and dripped all over the plug. Don't ask where the oil came from because I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check the vc make sure its not leakin and getting down there. Is there like a sludge build up around the v/c
the engine is pretty freaking dirty. i need to clean the engine bay regardless. guess some simple green is in order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts