Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway i can flush my oil pan? Im scared when my chain broke some bits got in there :( I pieced together the entire chain because all the bits were luckily sitting in the front but im really scared that maybe a bit of chain guide or something is hiding in there. Not really wanting to have a ping pong match in my engine.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
You can always take the oil pan off and do it that way. That's your best bet. Otherwise keep the plug open and let a few quarts of oil drain straight through?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remove the oil pan
Doesn't the K member need to come out? I know there is no metal in there, but im scared theres a little bit of plastic from the chain guide, im pretty sure i found it though.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yeah....Ive never done this, but I suppose you could get a bottle of Seafoam and pour that in there, since its a thin liquid, it may grab any particles. Dump it in, let it drain out plug hole into clean container

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure if the chain guide is metal but if so, pull the plug and run a magnet through your used oil, if nothing comes up then put the magnet in the pan and check for same, if still nothing, dont worry about it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if the chain guide is metal but if so, pull the plug and run a magnet through your used oil, if nothing comes up then put the magnet in the pan and check for same, if still nothing, dont worry about it.
The chain guide is a fragile plastic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts