Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done a 351 conversion and what oil pan are you running, i'm currently running a stock pan but i'm building a stroker and want a larger capacity pan but i don't want to lose ground clearance, i had a deep sump pan on a chevy i used to own and i hated it
if i have to use the stocker can i run a hi volume pump with it ?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I've used Canton and Moroso pans. Ground clearance is not a problem. Do not run a high volume pump. Run a stock volume pump and 5 quarts of oil in the pan. The bigger pans are designed to keep oil away from the crank. There is no need to run 8 quarts of oil. High volume pumps just drain the pan quicker, require more oil in the pan and put more stress on the distributor.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have an aftermarket k member , i'm not worried about it hitting the k member i'm worried about the rear sump being too low , you know hanging down under the car, i don't want it to scrape the ground

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used Canton and Moroso pans. Ground clearance is not a problem. Do not run a high volume pump. Run a stock volume pump and 5 quarts of oil in the pan. The bigger pans are designed to keep oil away from the crank. There is no need to run 8 quarts of oil. High volume pumps just drain the pan quicker, require more oil in the pan and put more stress on the distributor.
thanks for the reply, do you preferr 1 over the other ?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
thanks for the reply, do you preferr 1 over the other ?
I'm using a Canton on my 425 and I like that because it has a built in crank scraper. They are both built good. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks > : 0 )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts