Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my factory oil pressure gauge drops toward low end when i rev past 2300. Is this something i should be worried about or is it just a bad gauge

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it possilble theres just a bad connection with the gauge had my motor rebuilt last september really hoping its nothing seriouse any ideas

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
It could be a bad connection, a bad wire, a bad sending unit, a bad gauge, or the oil pressure could actually be falling. If you went to the expense of rebuilding the engine, a real oil pressure gauge should be considered cheap insurance.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but we dont really have oil pressure gauges. theyre just dummy gauges that read somewhere in the center at 4 (or is it 6?) psi oil pressure and drop down to nothing when theres less than that. otherwise - non-functional.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine did that and it was my oil pump it had stopped working. But I put a new one on and my oil pressure still read bad so I borrowed a friends oil pressure gauge and its fine. Could just be the gauge I know mine will be right in the middle and just drop to the n when I'm cruising even after changing the oil pump.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but we dont really have oil pressure gauges. theyre just dummy gauges that read somewhere in the center at 4 (or is it 6?) psi oil pressure and drop down to nothing when theres less than that. otherwise - non-functional.
No I'm pretty sure you're right and I'm pretty sure that's how all our gauges are.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Yea, these gauges arent the greatest. Same with temp, when you get into the red (h) it's already too late. Better get a real gauge ASAP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts