Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old oil pressure switch was faulty the gauge kept going up and down. I replaced it and now my oil gauge isn't moving at all. Could it be i have a brand new faulty oil pressure switch?

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
ITs not suppose to move the only thing it does it sit in the middle of the gauge once the car is started to let you know whether you have pressure or not.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
It's possible that you bought a bad switch,have a bad wire or didn't get the connector on right. Mine did the same thing when the switch was going bad. It would show mid-range, then zero, then mid-range. They changed the design of the switch in mid-2000 so you should have a two wire connector.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
The sensor is going out in my truck. Im pretty sure its the same as the one in your cars, its a 2001 explorer. my guage usually reads nothing for about 10 minutes when it starts then when its about to start working itll bounce from the middle of the guage to nothing a couple times.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have time to re change it, you guys think i can drive with it like that? The guage reads no pressure but there's oil in the car and the car is running fine. There's no leaks at all. I have to drive about 720 miles.

I think it could be the sensor plug is foul. I'm going to buy some electronic cleaner and spray it in there and see.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I wouldn't do it. It might be your oil pump. Oil in the crankcase doesn't mean you have oil flow. When my gauge went to zero I wouldn't even start the motor until I changed the sensor. I have several friends whose wives and daughters drove without oil pressure. It's a good way to buy a new motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't do it. It might be your oil pump. Oil in the crankcase doesn't mean you have oil flow. When my gauge went to zero I wouldn't even start the motor until I changed the sensor. I have several friends whose wives and daughters drove without oil pressure. It's a good way to buy a new motor.
Hahaha! With that response you clearly have no wives or daughters of your own, troglodyte.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts