Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did the on board diagnostic thing with your odometer...says i have a malfunctioning oil pressure switch, like reads 000 when enging is running, but my oil gueage on the dash is always right where it sould be...wtf? do i need to replace this right away?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Is your gauge off of the switch? If so I would say its ok. Get a voltmeter and check it at the switch.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Or if you wanna put your mind at ease anyway go to the parts store and get one. They are only like $10

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i will...and the guage works it says itsthe switch

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
For no more than they cost and how easy they are you might as well throw one on. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
my gage has been acting funky it reads no pressure too when i start the car then it will go to the center and drop back down but once i start to drive it is fine, I may get a gage as well

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Check the wires and make sure they are not loose cbas

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no...the guage is fine, your car is capable of displaying dtc's that have to do with the instrument panel, they can be displayed on your odometer, you have a digital tac, you have a digital metric speedo, you have the dts's, digital oil pressure, digital engine temp in degrees c...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts