Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having this problem with cold starts. In the morning it seems to take forever. I get half way to work before the oil pressure actually kicks in. I don't know if its the gauge or if I am actually having mechanical problems. Hopefully its just the gauge but I'm not sure. It runs great no ticking, pinging, clacking, or banging it's just the gauge keeps not reading until about 15-20 mins of running. Can anyone tell me wtf?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Does it not read at all then all of a sudden jump up? or does it slowly work its way up?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesn't read and then all of a sudden, jumps up. it makes no sense, i sure hope its not failing

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If you are not getting oil pressure, you will know it...you will hear all sorts of nasty sounds. Sounds like a sensor problem to me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which side of the block is it on? or is it a remote sensor?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am having the same problem with mine. Mine will actually jump up then go back down then up again for about 5-10 min then it is fine. Everytime I have checked the oil and it was perfect. It is the oil sensor, I also had this problem on my Jeep (it was the oil sending sensor). I dont know exactly where it is on the stangs but on my Jeep it is right by the oil filter. ....just annoying!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts