Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So continued to strip my old block bare yesterday and today. I was inspecting the rods and pistons to see what exactly had cause the engine to seize.The Culprit , surprisingly not the internals, but my Oil Pump. Through its failure my engine wasn't getting enough oil therefore resulting in engine failure and seizure. I'll post a picture of what exactly broke on it a little later.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
ouch that sucks bro

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
blaim lol. but that does suck that something so small can ruin a whole engine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blaim lol. but that does suck that something so small can ruin a whole engine.
If your going to point out my spelling error at least correct me... Lol. "Blame".
Anyways heres those picture of where it failed.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It sucks man, I know firsthand. Take it from someone like me, who has been in this situation. By a complete shortblock, and go from there.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
No but it will probably save the engine if the owner has the brain to look at it when the car goes bad.

^I almost laughed in class when I read that though. Toxicology is a little boring.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It sucks man, I know firsthand. Take it from someone like me, who has been in this situation. By a complete shortblock, and go from there.
How about billet oil pump FTW!!!...
Bought the shortblock already , in the shed on stand. As for the pump, will be checking out your suggestion.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
because we all know that an oil pressure gauge will keep an oil pump from breaking.
You will see the oil pressure either dropping off or not there and may be able to save the motor. For $50 it cant hurt to add to your setup

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Bought the shortblock already , in the shed on stand. As for the pump, will be checking out your suggestion.
Don't check into just buy one. Melling makes one, and so does MMR. I wouldn't demand it if I didn't know first hand.

You will see the oil pressure either dropping off or not there and may be able to save the motor. For $50 it cant hurt to add to your setup
Oil Pressure gauge isn't going to buy you enough time.

hmmm....oil pressure gauge any work?
See answer to previous post.

Same thing happened to my buddies 01 cobra.
You're talking about Montana SVT right? How is he doing? He is never on here anymore.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Don't check into just buy one. Melling makes one, and so does MMR. I wouldn't demand it if I didn't know first hand.

You're talking about Montana SVT right? How is he doing? He is never on here anymore.
He's doing good, hes my room mate. He has a lightning now so he mostly browses SVTP.

·
8,720 Posts

It really depends on what goes wrong. If the oil pump shatters into a million pieces and pressure drops to 0 instantly your pretty screwed no matter what, but if one blade breaks off and you hear something and see oil pressure is dropping you can pull over. Youll prolly still need new bearings but its better than seizing the a built motor and destroying your block and pistons, at the least. With oil pressure gauges under $100 its well worth it if you can save your motor you spent thousands on.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Once the oil pump starts to break it's downhill from there. I know what you're talking about, and my oil pressure gauge didn't buy me enough time. IDk how many 4v's you have seized up, but I have locked up a couple.

·
8,720 Posts
Once the oil pump starts to break it's downhill from there. I know what you're talking about, and my oil pressure gauge didn't buy me enough time. IDk how many 4v's you have seized up, but I have locked up a couple.
I havent seized any motors but Id try and find out why it keeps happening. Thats not a good thing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts