Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some good tips on priming an oil pump on a rebuilt engine...to get rid of air and to get the oil flowing?? would rotating the crank do?

·
Registered
753 Posts
thats a good one,the crankshaft spins the oil pump..you need to pump oil in threw the oil sending unit....I used cleaned sandblasting gun with air.ford racing sells oil priming kit ,but cost to much.. let me know when u get it running...

·
Registered
753 Posts
which ever way u prime it,turn crankshaft over by hand at the same time your priming...that will help get all the air out...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
There is a pre-olier for 160 that ord sells for 250, and Jegs as well I'll have to get you the adress off my computer at work and I'm on vacation until next monday. I think I just copied the Jegs part number and dropped it into dogpile.com. That is really the best way to go... lot of bucks riding on the line!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea iv talked to people that say just prelube the **** out of an engine and ill be fine, but i know you have been building for years... just seems like alot of money for what looks like not much... im just in a sticky part of this rebuild, and its pissing me off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts