Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of yall know if it would be a major no-no to mix conventional oil with full synthetic oil in an emergency situation?

reason im asking is cause i heard that its a bad thing to mix the two types of oil. i switched to full synthetic a while back and i havent bought any bottles of synthetic oil to keep in the trunk for things like a oil leak while im out on one of our canyon runs in the middle of nowhere. i wondering if it would be alright to just throw some conventional oil in with the synthetic that would already be in the engine. thanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
as long as it isnt a serious amount nothing will come off of it, not in any of my experiences with oil situations ever, i wouldnt go more then 1/2 quart, but i dont know exact amounts, most new motors putting conventianal oil in synthetic wont actually damage anything

i do at least 25 oil changes a day and alot of people are down a quart or so and just ask to add oil and they had for instance mobil 1 and then they just get some cheap quaker state stuff just because they need some oil before there next oil change, and not one car has ever had a problem

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Which synthetic do you use? I use Mobil 1 and it is compatable with conventionals. But I agree, I would put anymore in there than I had to. And I would change soon.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured that maybe theres something about mixing conventional oil with synthetic that will have a negative effect on the viscosity of the synthetic oil.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think synthetic castro oil says on the back of bottle compatiable with conventional oil,don't know if that helps u

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i run royal purple and i wouldnt mix that with conventianal thu

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input guys. i appreciate it.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Now in case of an oil leak this wouldn't benefit you in any way, but if abnormal oil consumption is a problem than this may be the remedy.;)

Use your specified oil (10w-30) (5w-30) and add lucas oil additive! it will eliminate dry starts,Increase oil pressure,MPG, reduce friction and heat in your motor. What does this mean?

It allows motor oils a higher degree of lubricity which reduces oil consumption and operating temperatures.:p

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u got me wrong chris. i was talking about being out in the middle of nowhere and having a bad oil leak start out of the blue.

·
Banned
848 Posts
u got me wrong chris. i was talking about being out in the middle of nowhere and having a bad oil leak start out of the blue.

thats why i said "Now in case of an oil leak this wouldn't benefit you in any way".:D but im:sorry

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
na, its cool man, i see what u mean now. thanks for the advice man:)

·
Banned
848 Posts

·
Banned
848 Posts
who here trusts lucas oil additive?
Believe what you'd like. My v6 has had it after every synthethic oil change and is 180k strong.:) Same goes for a product like water wetter! Keeps the engine running about 18 degrees cooler. And thats a fact!

·
Banned
848 Posts
ive been wondering about that stuff myself actually
Why sit here and wait for someones approval if you can experience the product first hand?:dunno

1 - 17 of 17 Posts