Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good oil separator? Im going to run a filter directly off the blower, and rather then cutting a hole in the filter and putting the line in there, I figured its a good time to just do an Oil separator. Also, I really dont want to spend a lot of money on somethign like that. Its not something I need, but if I can get one cheap enough then Ill get it. Thanks, and reps will be given!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where the hell would I even mount that thing? Thanks though and reps

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a picture? And is that the same exact one you havee?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont even notice it. What do you have it mounted to? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
697 Posts
Don't waste your time with oil separators. You still are taking hot gases form the crankcase into the combustion chamber. I mounted my catch can to the coolant over flow rod bolt.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that the same one Hardhitter posted? Thanks man reps

·
Registered
697 Posts
No, but it's also from eBay. Any one will do the job. I think I paid $30 for it.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
you guys do realize those are not true catch cans right? a true catchcan is suppose to be vented like this. (this is the one i run)

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
you guys do realize those are not true catch cans right? a true catchcan is suppose to be vented like this. (this is the one i run)

Im running the same style of catch can on my car. It has to be vented so it can release crank pressure. The sealed oil catch cans are made to still hook up to the intake.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Mine is vented, it just doesn't have a filter on it. Just drilled a half inch hole in the top (I should have clarified this). It works the way it should. I've had it for a year and already had to empty it twice.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You can make your own for like $15 with parts from Home Depot. Steeda has one for $60. I had a custom mini vented catch can made with a bracket that is mounted off my plenum bolt and sits by the firewall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the Ebayracing as well, for 18.00 bucks. I tee'd both valve covers into the inlet and put a breather on the outlet and plugged the vaccum port on the plenum where it used to go. Just make sure your state does'nt plug you for not having your pcv system.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
What the hell is a "true" catch can? Having a filter doesn't make it any more "true" :rolleyes:
Where anywhere in my post did I say anything about a filter? A catch can has to be VENTED otherwise it's not a catchcan, just a larger PCV valve..

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ill probally just do what Mizark did and drill a half inch hole in the top then. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Here's my Home Depot model. Works great. I'd be careful putting a vented one on. Wouldn't that introduce un-metered air into the intake?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts