Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to take my 1 month old baby to get his first oil change at the dealership only because I had an issue with my right front tire losing air pressure. Also, I have to admit I wanted to take advantage of a free oil change. Well I have read the nightmares people experience taking their rides in to get serviced and I guess it happened to be my day.

Upon waiting 2 hours for my oil change and patch on my tire, the service manager informs me that there was an incident. Apparently a technician lubing the vehicle next to mine happened to lose control of his grip and squirted oil all over my rear quarter panel. I am really not sure how this could even happen.

They cleaned the vehicle at their carwash and used some cleaning agents,(degreaser happened to slip out of his mouth) to remove the residual off the vehicle.

Looking in the sunlight I could not see any damage. I am just wondering on some experts opinions if they could have damaged my clear coat or even worse the paint itself. They offered to have their body shop check it out for me but at the time of the day it was right before they were to close and did not feel like I would get much attention.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Nah man your good. It was clean oil that was taken off quickly.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
never take ur car to get a free oil change.something will always happen,i had to buy a new oil plug,so i ended up with a 6 dollar oil change with gm oil and filter lol

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Check for swirls and scratches at angles of sunlight...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^+1000 also see if there was any chemical etching on the clear coat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your opinions it all seems ok just made me a little bit nervous. I still don't get how an oil gun can get loose and squirt the garage down. Seems a bit cartoonish.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just reinforces my decision to forgo the free oil changes and do them myself. Plus then I get to have good synthetic in the car instead of bottom of the line dino oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts