Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have oil all the way to my exhaust tips. I have roush side exhaust, that comes from a BBK catted X-pipe to flowmaster mufflers out the side. Wondering why and how I have oil all the way to the tips. Anybody know what the hell is wrong?

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Oil under the car or inside the exhaust tips? Is it possible your oil is overfilled? What caused this or when did it start and was something done to the car recently?

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its got 87k on the clock I just bought it 3 months ago so I dont know much of its history but its not over filled on oil, and there is some smoke now that you mention it. So do I need a rebuild? If so what can I expect to pay and where should I take it?

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cant see the pic, damn government computers!

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Proxy what!? Im an 0311 in the Marine Corps, I'm lucky I figured out how to become a member on this forum!

·
Dirt Dives Me Crazy
1,197 Posts
Are you sure its actually oil. Does it smoke? Is the side of your car/ rear wheels turning black from it? Could it just be carbon build up mixed with condensation your seeing?

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
The last time I oil was coming from exhuasr it was differential oil leaking onto my pipes flowing to the end of the car and being slung up on my bumper by the exhuast.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
A Proxy what!? Im an 0311 in the Marine Corps, I'm lucky I figured out how to become a member on this forum![/QUOTE

Lol, I was luck enough to have a computer guru show me. I honestly couldn't tell you how to do it. Maybe google can

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
its got 87k on the clock I just bought it 3 months ago so I dont know much of its history but its not over filled on oil, and there is some smoke now that you mention it. So do I need a rebuild? If so what can I expect to pay and where should I take it?
Do you want a performance rebuild or return it to its stock form? From the symptoms you just said oil is getting by your rings and its time for a tear down. In all honesty forget about the rebuild it would be just as cheap or cheaper to buy a new shortblock and have it installed. shortblock you can get from 2500 to 3500 and the install should be around 1000ish depending on where you go. If you can do the work yourself you will save money.

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looked again and its caked with carbon and the fluid I saw was water, WTF? Why is there water/condensation coming out of the exhaust? Oh and SSG Pate, I would love to do it all myself just don't have the time or knowledge. I am pretty sound mechanically but never done an engine rebuild so it kinda scares me anyways.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
It's normal to have condensation from the tail pipe, it wouldnt be worth it to build yourself, by the time you bought everything needed you would probably spend more. Granted you have a hobby shop on base

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Jesus what makes this happen!! I would trip if my **** was like that!
That looks like a tailpipe on a Chevy dirty I mean duramax. Which would mean a bad turbo. Shaft seals leaking letting oil get onto the impeller and/or compressor wheel thusly causing a mild to severe freakout by said owner

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Or any other turbocharged engine

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

1 - 20 of 36 Posts