Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderators please dont move this because it is in reference to the v6 models and i would like to get answers from them if you dont mind i appreciate it

I changed my oil back in early december and my 2000 v6 manual said 5 quarts. so i drained the oil and changed the filter, then proceded to put 4.5 quarts into the engine since you can never get all of the oil out. Well i went to check my oil and the dipstick said it was at minimum. Well i figured that would just be because i had just changed it and the oil didnt have time to settle, so i left it overnite. I then checked the dipstick before leaving for work and the dipstick still said minimum. So i drove it to work and it still said minimum. I then waited a week, while continuously checking, and it still read minimum. I decided to put the other 0.5 quart in to see if that helped at all. Well it still read minimum at that time and it still reads minimum now. As far as i know the engine has no mods to it from the previous owner, so i dont see why it is reading minimum. If you guys have any suggestions i would appreciate it

Thanks guys

·
Registered
549 Posts
are you on a hill at all? id say buy another quart then add and check until your where you should be.

and as a side note mine always takes the full 5 quarts sometimes a tiny bit more. ive noticed that leaving the passenger side jack stand 1 notch lower than the driver side helps get more of the old oil out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe its the wrong dipstick?
Or the dipstick tube is working its way up loose.
Put a philips screwdriver in the tube & see if you can tap it down,
then check it again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You might have oil on top of your heads, it takes about 15 min for the oil on top of the heads to drain back down into the pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts