Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Power!!! Ftw!
Cmon man do you really want 2 make it look mean, but then when you floor it, its slow? No way cause then everybody would be like :eek: that car looks sick but then when you floored it and they heard and saw how fast you were they'd be like :laughat, and you'd be like :sorrybut then if you had it looking stock, Sleeper :cool: you'd be at a red light, some punk pulls up and laughs at your stock looking stang :laughat then you'd smile :D and be like:3gears and leave them gone, and they'd be like :eek: and they would trade in their car and never drive again and you'd be like :cool: and celebrate:woot and then you could be like:kneel..that would be better.. just :2cents

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
gears and a tuner then maybe something else

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
+1

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Tuner is GREAT...or do a hole exhaust..some long tubes an o/r mid pipe and a good catback...youll get some good gains and have a mean sounding car too! Have to shop to keep all that under a grand tho

·
Registered
922 Posts
gear + install is gonna eat up most of that, then get a shifter, K&N, and that will leave a few bucks for some lunch and beer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Power!!! Ftw!
Cmon man do you really want 2 make it look mean, but then when you floor it, its slow? No way cause then everybody would be like :eek: that car looks sick but then when you floored it and they heard and saw how fast you were they'd be like :laughat, and you'd be like :sorrybut then if you had it looking stock, Sleeper :cool: you'd be at a red light, some punk pulls up and laughs at your stock looking stang :laughat then you'd smile :D and be like:3gears and leave them gone, and they'd be like :eek: and they would trade in their car and never drive again and you'd be like :cool: and celebrate:woot and then you could be like:kneel..that would be better.. just :2cents
LMAO!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Not much in power gain with just a cat back or intake...maybe if you got a midpipe and catback...best bang for your buck is TUNER and get some gears...American Muscle has a package deal on there. check that out.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
right now without the tuner your looking at minimal gains if anything. if thats what you want then you should consider the intake for more air or the exhaust for better sound. i would go for the exhaust since our's are more restrictive then the actua intake. my .02 though.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i promise if you got some 4.10 gears and a tuner you would be so happy. i know from experience. i havent had a tuner but i was so stoked with just the 4.10's. it was such a huge difference that you could feel the it. imagine smashing the throttle and getting slammed back into ur seat as you shift from 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
it just all depends if you got the hook up on the install with the gears or not. i know someone in the DFW area that does AWESOME work and your lookin at about $125-$200 for the install, TOTAL. when i didnt have the hook up it cost $700. just some things to take into consideration. both a tuner and/or gears would be WELL worth it though.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I would save your money towards a power adder of your choice. Turbo, Supercharger, Nitrous etc.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i'd go with gears and a tuner first...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
someone said this how true do u think it is

4.10s + Auto = fast!, September 24, 2007
Reviewer:
Andy Shaffer

I put these gears in my 04 GT auto when i still had it. Everyone told me that 4.10s were to big for a DD auto car. I can tell you they were wrong! these gears among other mods allowed me to go from 14.7s stock to a [email protected] also on the highway the RPMs were not bad at all to me. with the 4.10s and auto i still averaged 20MPG and even got a best of 24MPG on a road trip. DO NOT FEAR THE GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4.10s will be going into my 07 GT as well

·
Registered
922 Posts
4.10s manual, 4.30 auto, no less, period.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts