Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just bought a Saleen s/c for my 02 Roush stage 2 for the small fee of $1100 what tips can you guys give me for mods to go with this, I have a flowmaster cat back 4.10 rear and of course the Roush supension package, give me your thoughts on upgrades or ??????

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
i dont know much but id say a good tune

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know much but id say a good tune
I have called Saleen and it's 2 bills to send in my box and have them tune it so I think im good to go. any one else think im better of buying a tuner and trying to set it up or go with the Saleen tune?

·
Registered
468 Posts
injectors, fuel pump, tune are the major supporting mods

·
Registered
468 Posts
if ur gonna leave it with just the saleen blower and dont plan on going much further the saleen tune is fine...if ur looking to go further in the future however i would go with an sct or something similar but all the shops around my area have switched from diablo to sct

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if ur gonna leave it with just the saleen blower and dont plan on going much further the saleen tune is fine...if ur looking to go further in the future however i would go with an sct or something similar but all the shops around my area have switched from diablo to sct
I'm looking at just the Saleen S/C for awhile and it does have 30lb injectors so it should get me by for awhile? unless I up grade?

·
Registered
468 Posts
30's should do alright for stockish boost and will max out at about 360 hp but if u start upping the boost i would opt for 42's

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Saleen and Ford will tune it to be very safe...if your looking to safely squeeze a few extra hp out of it take it to a local tune shop...dyno tune will cost you anywhere from $500-$1000 depending on shop. But keep in mind, the blower you bought is VERY limited...just have fun with your current setup

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So if I am looking at getting 400 rwhp what other mods do I need to do? Sorry guys I am old school and had an 11 sec. street driver 65 fastback with a n/a 302 and the mod motor is new to me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
you're gonna need to up the boost, get bigger injectors, fuel pump, full bolt ons, and good crisp cool air

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I wouldnt send it to Saleen for the tune. Go get a real tune on a dyno. You will get more power out of it and I would feel safer rather than having someone tune your car from across the states without ever seeing it. I got mine dyno tuned for about $300

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
get the blower ported!!!! unlocks a world of power

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the help guys!