Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made up my mind, and ready to heat up my Amex card, its going to be a Vortech V3Si, with the CX Racing intercooler, who has the best prices on a tuner kit?

Ryan

·
Registered
739 Posts
dude get an on3 turbo kit they are doing a new kit with headers

im waiting till it comes out for the 4v and im getting it

·
Registered
739 Posts
whatttt!!!!!! that is cheap any links for 4v?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I bought my V-3 from AM and the CX Racing intercooler with the grand total being a little over 4,000. Not too bad I suppose. I know you can piece one together much, much cheaper, but I'm impatient and wanted it now. So it all depends on how long you're willing to wait if you want cheap deals and shop around. Or just pull the trigger and get a whole kit.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
The Vortech V3 Si trim is a very good blower. But, Id honestly recomend the new On3 Kit. A turbo is better for DD because the turbo only spins when you get into boost. A blower is another accesory for the motor to spin. The On3 kit is acually cheap, check this out.

On3 Kit - $1725

Other Parts Needed:

QA1 K-member, A-arms, and UPR coilover kit for $645 shipped
On 3 Performance MAF kit (calibrated to specific injector size) $195
Injectors
Fuel Pump (Used Cobra hat w/ pumps is about $200)

So about $3000 then maybe some more things. You can upgrade to a better turbo and all that ****. And itll honestly be cheaper. If not the same.

Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Vortech V3 Si trim is a very good blower. But, Id honestly recomend the new On3 Kit. A turbo is better for DD because the turbo only spins when you get into boost. A blower is another accesory for the motor to spin. The On3 kit is acually cheap, check this out.

On3 Kit - $1725

Other Parts Needed:

Injectors

So about $3000 then maybe some more things. You can upgrade to a better turbo and all that ****. And itll honestly be cheaper. If not the same.

I dunno, just seems like more to get into VS. a S/C? More involved to setup, tune, keep calibrated etc. No?

Ryan

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Both will be the same man. Need to get both tuned, and always calibrated. The only thing is, with the turbo you need to get the k member. So you need to drop your old one, which is good but alittle more work. But itll free up a good amount of weight up front.

Theres also more piping then just a regular intercooler setup. But a turbo is badass. I definatley recomend it. The "newer" kits have been a lot better then when On3 first started buisness.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
The only difference really for a 4V is the mounting bracket and the fact that the 4V needs a coolant crossover tube which is kind of expensive.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i wouldn't do the turbo. would have to make it a pain to work on considering there are like 30 frickin pipes that wrap around everything.

jmo. then again i decided to sell my s/c as well because its too much work too lol

·
Registered
151 Posts

On3 Kit - $1725

Other Parts Needed:

Injectors

:eek: this is making me want to go pull out my loan for 2 grand and order it :D

SOOOO TEMPTINGGGGG:eek:

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
:eek: this is making me want to go pull out my loan for 2 grand and order it :D

SOOOO TEMPTINGGGGG:eek:
2k is not going to get you there. you still need fuel, maf, tune, shipping on everything, and thats not to mention the on3 kit is not always a perfect fit so you will have to get somethings cut and welded. 3 grand may get you there with a sub par fuel system.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah i know lol. im just saying i can afford the loan plus buying whatever else i need but to have it there and piece it the rest together still isnt a bad price.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
man i learned the hard way that original budgets should just get thrown out the window and just double the number you plan on spending. one day i will be brave and try going turbo, but a custom hot side is still the best way to go.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Theres still going to be other little things you need with the On3 Kit. Im assuming you would need an alignment and a couple other little things.

But I think anyone thats in the market for a used or new centri kit, should really consider the On3 Kit. Some people have had 0 fitment issues. Naza and someone else I dont remember his name both were had 99-04 GT's, it seems like a lot of the fitment issues are on the foxbodys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts