1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
i dunno. one thing ive noticed though hat alot of peopel that have 4.10s have widened thier tires. Im sceptical of running 4.10s on an 8in rim with 245s and still maintaining traction through 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
i wasnt trying to HMUSN was wrong by any means. Ive never seen where he was wrong actually, its just ME personally wouldnt run em unless i had the money to buy wider rims and tires

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
^ i have been wrong here plenty of times man.

and he also said that he has 275's :)

missed that.

yeah, i cant get on here a whole lot anymore... monday, tuesday, and thursday are the only days i really get.

school, work, car, and gf take up ALL of my time outside of those days...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ive got 245s and 4.10s......big dam deal. People who tell other people not to get 4.10s have never had them and dont know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
156 Posts
for what its worth i have 3.73s in my '00 5-spd and i wish i had a set of 4.10s instead. If its a stick you can always improve your tires and driving skills with first and second. And with an auto its better to go with 4.10s anyway. kinda makes up for the extra loss in power from the torque converter.

·
Registered
400 Posts
well i have 315s and still spin first and second with the 4:10s, but i wouldnt trade them for anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the cure for traction issues isnt a higher gear, its stickier tires.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
im with the newbie above me. learn to drive your car and you spin the piss out of them

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
03GT Your GT is Bad Bro..and yea im probably going to buy them, but the guy who is selling them is telling me that these gears aren't made in the U.S and that they are harder 2 install then the regular Ford Racing Gears made in the U.S..What the heck is he talking about? i wrote him 2 explain more in detail but he hasn't wrote back yet. So im kinda confused..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
im not sure the whole story behind the gears but if they SAY ford racing and they dont fit in right then they might not be worth buying just cuz they might not be real. the only reason i say that is cuz everyone says go with ford racing gears since they're made by ford and they're an exact fit. just get the story behind the gears cuz if they can def mess more stuff up and cost you more money in the end. just my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts