Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm throwing around ideas of trying to fit a 5.0 in my budget in a few months here. Just out of curiousity, and only for those of you who dont mind sharing, how much are the monthly payments on your 5.0's? I'll be looking for a base model with the auto trans, so after employee pricing and what not i'm assuming around 30xxx, is that close to what it should be? Mainly just looking for a general idea of the payments. and thanks to anyone who can throw me a few numbers.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i pay 600 but thats also being 2k upside down on trade (dont ask) and i put 5k down got 2k in rebates my msrp was around 35600 and i paid about 2500 under

·
Registered
664 Posts
I pay $232. I had a couple trade in's that I made money on. My MSRP was about $33,500 or something. Paid $31,600 OTD. Sure this doesn't help much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Best way to figure this out is just to see what the loan rates are that you qualify for and at what terms. Then just poke those two things plus what you want to spend monthly into a loan calculator to see what your max budget is out the door. Or, you can use it to see what it will cost you a month to spend x amount of dollars.

Asking that kind of question here won't really be helpful to you. Everyone's situation is different. Some people dropped a big chunk down, or had several trade ins, or have bad credit...etc. Better to just use a loan calculator and punch in your own variables.

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 on this.

Really depends on a lot of different factors to include your Interest Rate, Loan Term(How many months), Down Payment, Final negotiated price, Trade in, etc etc etc.

FYI, Financing $33 Grand @ 6.99% for 60 Months, payment is about $640.

Good luck.

Best way to figure this out is just to see what the loan rates are that you qualify for and at what terms. Then just poke those two things plus what you want to spend monthly into a loan calculator to see what your max budget is out the door. Or, you can use it to see what it will cost you a month to spend x amount of dollars.

Asking that kind of question here won't really be helpful to you. Everyone's situation is different. Some people dropped a big chunk down, or had several trade ins, or have bad credit...etc. Better to just use a loan calculator and punch in your own variables.

·
Registered
97 Posts
$500 down, rolled over 5k from my previous car which was only a year old, 38k MSRP but with 3k off from X-plan and 2k in incentives I actually paid around 33k. Payments are ~$630. All in all, not a bad deal as I moved up $13k in car worth (from a 25k Mazdaspeed3) for $100 more a month.

Yes I'm aware I don't make the best financial decisions lol, but I do have fun toys. :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
$500 down, rolled over 5k from my previous car which was only a year old, 38k MSRP but with 3k off from X-plan and 2k in incentives I actually paid around 33k. Payments are ~$630. All in all, not a bad deal as I moved up $13k in car worth (from a 25k Mazdaspeed3) for $100 more a month.

Yes I'm aware I don't make the best financial decisions lol, but I do have fun toys. :D
Sounds like good financial thinking to me!!

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
My sticker price was 36,xxx with knowing my salesmen I got the price knocked down to 31,999 with 7000 down. And only a 5 year loan my payments are 506 a month. Not bad for a 22 years old with a 735 credit score and no co-singer.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sticker was 31xxx got em down to ~29000. 500 down plus my trade in. 525 a month

·
2012 Shelby GT500
71 Posts
My sticker price was $38,995, I ended up financing $28,040. I traded in my 03 Mustang GT and they gave me $9,000 for it and with the factory incentives it totalled out to be $12,995 down. I pay 483 a month. I got 5% APR as well. Sounded like a GREAT deal to me so I went for it. LOL!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sticker was around $33K - I got it for $29K out the door. They then upsold me on the Premium Care Warranty. Total was $30K out the door. 2.9% APR w/ 4 grand down, it comes to $460 or so a monh for 60 months. O ya, I traded in my old car and got $750 for it, LOL!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks fella's. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much i'd have to put down on it to get the payments to around 450ish. I was going to just go ask one of the salesmen up front to get me some prices and such but they're always so slow, and figured this would be much quicker just to get me a general idea.

·
Registered
358 Posts
thanks fella's. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much i'd have to put down on it to get the payments to around 450ish. I was going to just go ask one of the salesmen up front to get me some prices and such but they're always so slow, and figured this would be much quicker just to get me a general idea.
There's way too many factors that go into it; best bet would be to go to your bank and see what their rates are and what you can get pre-approved for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a Base GT with the Brembo Package and 3.73's for $29,7xx. After tax it boiled down to something like $31,6xx.

I put 15k down and my payments are $320/mo

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
I got a nearly fully loaded GT, 401a, 373s, Brembos, Glass Roof, HIDs, Navi package, etc... MSRp 43.3, I got it for 36.6, dropped 10k down, and paying ~$380 a month

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow you guys drop a lot of coin on cars. Good stuff.

Can I ask what some of you do for a living because I do pretty well, but even I don't think I could fork over $15k after tax cash money in good conscience as a down payment on a car. I could afford it sure, but that doesnt mean I should. I am also 25 so maybe some of you are like 40 and have some serious savings? I guess this just coincides with what I see on the street with people in their new beemers and benz for 40k as well...I don't get where the money comes from with most people. It has to be mainly credit and these people prob have more sunk into their car than actual savings in a bank.

Hey to each their own I suppose.

:tomato

fyi str8 from ford website. Although you will be making these monthly payments for 6 years.

MSRP1
$22,145
Destination Charges $850
Down Payment - $2,300
Monthly Payment $342

72 Months at 5.9% APR

$342

·
Registered
97 Posts
fyi str8 from ford website. Although you will be making these monthly payments for 6 years.

MSRP1
$22,145
Destination Charges $850
Down Payment - $2,300
Monthly Payment $342

72 Months at 5.9% APR

$342
Not getting a 5.0 for 22k. V6 maybe.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts