Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got off work this morning at 6am, got in my car and started driving and water started running down my feet from under the dash. I then stopped the car (oh and yea it is raining outside) and felt the floor and it was wet and so was the floor mat. So I guess I have this leak issue that I read on one of the TSB's. What do I need to do first? Has anyone ever had this leak? If so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance! It is supposed to rain for the next 5 days so I have to do something asap! :(

·
Registered
476 Posts
When I got off work this morning at 6am, got in my car and started driving and water started running down my feet from under the dash. I then stopped the car (oh and yea it is raining outside) and felt the floor and it was wet and so was the floor mat. So I guess I have this leak issue that I read on one of the TSB's. What do I need to do first? Has anyone ever had this leak? If so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance! It is supposed to rain for the next 5 days so I have to do something asap! :(
if i remember right i think the problem was the cabin filters being clogged with leaves debris stuff like that,,,if im right just take it out and and clean it i believe that was the fix

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've heard the same thing, but never experienced it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I thought that it usually leaks on the passenger side when the drain hole is clogged. This is what happen to me. It actually got water in the fuse panel and destroyed the fuse panel and wire harness. At that time I was under warranty to get the items fixed. Under the Cowl (sp) there is a rubber grommet most people have been removing the rubber grommet to allow the water to drain easier.

Also is the windshield the original or a replacement?

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
just take it to a ford dealer

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
This is actually the first I've heard of it happening on the drivers side but I guess if the water can find it's way in, it can find it's way over to the other side somehow. She did say it ran off of the dash onto her feet and not running down the firewall under her feet. That leads me to believe that maybe it is leaking into the passenger side and somehow running along the bottom of the dash to her feet.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
wow that's crazy! I haven't even heard of this, but I guess living in AZ has something to do with it. Are you sure you didn't pee your pants? lol jk

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is actually the first I've heard of it happening on the drivers side but I guess if the water can find it's way in, it can find it's way over to the other side somehow. She did say it ran off of the dash onto her feet and not running down the firewall under her feet. That leads me to believe that maybe it is leaking into the passenger side and somehow running along the bottom of the dash to her feet.
No it was were the firewall is under the dash. It leaked on my left foot.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Easy, 06redfiregt can't defend himself from you big boys! WTF? :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts