Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. New to the forum and glad to be on.

I bought my 92 LX Hatch when I was 15 years old. I bought it with my own money which most 15 year olds couldnt say lol. But more importantly I bought the car with my father who has since passed away. My father was the biggest die hard Ford man you could ever imagine. He had owned over 26 Mustangs, and multiple other Torinos, Flacons, Fairlanes, Cougars and so on in his 50 years. He never owned any other brand of vehicle other than Fords, wouldnt let my mother drive anything else, and almost had a breakdown when my sister brought home a Civic. Anyway the car means the world to me and as long as I live I will never get rid of this car.

That was 9 years ago and since then the car does not look as pretty as it did when I first bought it. It has gone through an AOD - T5 swap which was done horribly incorrectly, two motors, and now is sitting in my drive way with no drivetrain and in need of TLC.

This is why I come here to this forum. I never got the chance to learn from my father how to work on cars.....dont get me wrong, Im not clueless and am, a very handy guy, Im just hesitant to start because I dont know exactly what Im doing.

Heres what I have,
92 LX Rolling Chassis
Pro Built T5 New in Box

306 Long Block with DSS Main support system:
Brodix ST50 heads CNC Ported
Camotion Custom Ground Cam to Match
Professional Products Typhoon Port Matched
Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers

Im looking for streetability, the top end kit was desined for 2500-6800 RPM

What size Carb and what recomendations do you guys have for me? I was thinking Demon 650? I feel that a 750 is going to make it want to run like a chain saw.

Does anyone have any recources or books or anything you know of that will walk me through taking what I have, and installing it into my car, start to finish?

I have valve covers, timing cover, water pump alternator with bracket and everything I should need to completed my turnkey engine, I am just nervous to start and frankly am tired of making excuses for myself to not do this lol.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated...

Thanks guys

Gary

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol ok great thanks guys.... I didn't know demon ahas out of bus...shows how long ivy been out of the game...

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you don't mind a little sweat and blood I think you'll find installing the long block and T5 rather easy. I mean there already done, your just setting them in and bolting them down. Setting up a carb properly will likely require more brains than the rest since it has to be tuned.

As was mentioned you will be better off making seperate threads for each problem as you come across them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You came to the right place buddy...if you can filter thru the BS and endure some ridicule you'll be just fine...I thought I knew alot about stangs until I joined this forum these guys know there **** as far as literature is concerned I dont know that there is any one cure all book you can find but I bought a Bently Publication book written by Al Kirschenbaum That is the definitive publication on all mustangs 79'-93' its mainly technical reference but also touches on performance upgrades and plently of history and common problems encountered an absolute must have for any mustang enthusiast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts