Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a Brenspeed tuner on the way that'll pump up the #'s another 20 or so, and with the 3.73 gears in the rear, I've got to be careful, the tires spin pretty easily now. So what's the best way to get the rearend to hook better? Will lowering the car an inch or so help with weight transfer, or do I need something more?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
my tireshavint so much as flutered scince i put my LCA'S on!! they rock!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Simple, just jack up the radiator cap and replace everything under it.
If you want a 500 hp racecar you should have bought one not a high performance factory muscle car.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
If you want a 500 hp racecar you should have bought one not a high performance factory muscle car.
I would have to disagree with you there. I could make an 05+ mustang gt a 550hp daily driver with absolutly no daily issues for 10k less than what you would spend on a gt500...

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Absolutly not.

The best way is control arms and either slicks, or drag radials.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gee that's some good info there Pony, thanks, I'll take it under advisement.

To the rest of you thanks, I figured LCA's and better/wider tires might be the answer.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
What kind of answer is that? Did you read the first post?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
That is not good info at all. For about $40k you could have a 600hp daily driven car that could beat any high dollar exotic.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
lca's, 255's, adj. upper control arms.. set pinion angle down 2*... no more... you'll hook good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
have a Brenspeed tuner on the way that'll pump up the #'s another 20 or so, and with the 3.73 gears in the rear, I've got to be careful, the tires spin pretty easily now. So what's the best way to get the rearend to hook better? Will lowering the car an inch or so help with weight transfer, or do I need something more?
Lowering the car will not help with weight transfer. I lowered my car and now I have to lift it back up so it will transfer better. These guys all have good points suspension is going to be key but a wider tire will help also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where does it stop guys, tires, suspension, chassis, more power? Stop what your doing and think about it for a minute. Why did you buy this car and what were your expectations?
Are you interested in being the quickest guy on your block in a street race or something else?
What's your objective?

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Its not an objective its a hobby. I enjoy makign things fast. What did you expect from a place titled moddedmustang.com. I think you mistyped on your way to mylittlepony.com

BTW- it doesnt ever end, something can always be upgraded... I would be very disapointed if there was an end as that would be when I would sell the car. Also I bought my mustang knowning exactly what it was and capable of and in addition what I was going to do to it as soon as I bought it.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Why would you buy a car that is really expensive when you could buy one of these cars and make it better for less money.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I dont understand why people ( assholes) like pony are in these forums where people are constantly looking for info "modded mustangs" ?? anyways what the crap are LCAs?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts