Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i know all of u must be sick of gear questions but i have a great deal my friend bought me 373 gears and my gt has stock 327 gears...i run 14.2 on the 1/4 mile my question is how much time will i shave of that time by adding the 373? thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
dont bother try to trade them or sell them to a 5.0 guy 4.11s ftw! i know this does not answer your question but after install cost and the chance of wanting to change it later i think you would be happier doing it right the first time aka 4.11s

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If your plannin on runnin low boost. i think everyone can pretty much agree that to get the most out of your N/A motor you should run 4.10's and its also the same if you run low boost. at least thats the info I got when I asked myself.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
you don't know really how much it will shave off. That all depends on driving skills. Depending on what you have you should be running 13.7-13.9 without the gears.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If your plannin on runnin low boost. i think everyone can pretty much agree that to get the most out of your N/A motor you should run 4.10's and its also the same if you run low boost. at least thats the info I got when I asked myself.
Not everyone agrees. I've seen posts where people say they have driven cars with both and are going to take the 4.10s out, or with equally modified N/A cars that 4.10s will get the jump out of the hole, but that the 3.73s take the lead in third. Most of us do not have the opportunity to do direct comparisons so I tend to listen to those that do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts