Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want everyones opinion... i have read a few posts of other people giving srt10 trucks a go.... who on here thinks that a mid to low 13 sec gt will or will not outrun a srt10 truck... and if you dont think it will... show me some number of how that is... And we are talking about STOCK srt10 trucks.. maybe exhaust or something. but thats about it... I posted on here a while back saying i beat one with my mid 13sec gt and people bashed and hit the roof until someone found a timeslip of a stock srt10 trucks running high 13s.... i want to know what everyone else has to say.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
there are two different srt10s, one is a full size with a crew cab, one is a two seater i beleive, but from what i think, they run about high 12s to about 13.4, with a shoddy driver you can beat one, but on the best day i dont beleive you can, if you want numbers albeedigital has stock 1/4 times

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
ive only ever raced a novi 2000 s/c 800 rwhp 2 seater one, and i beat it!!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
there is a red srt10 out here i just happened to line up with on at a test & tune night a few months ago. and i never saw one before and had no idea about them. it was in front of me almost half way down the track then i just barely pulled ahead somehow. i talked to him later and i was his time at the track and his time was 13.8 something

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
are they standard or automatic?
The short cab ones are standards and the crew cabs are autos.

ive only ever raced a novi 2000 s/c 800 rwhp 2 seater one, and i beat it!!!!!
I raced a 650 rwhp one with 700 + torque he said, and I murdered it on the roll. It was a 2 seater, and it was doing mid 12's at the track.

He was cocky came flying into the track, and the officials warned him. Then he keep reving the **** out of it like it was the baddest thing ever.

Then I was filling up at the local service station, and he was in the next parking lot showing off to some of his friends. So as I go to leave, I noticed he was few cars ahead of me, and going slow for once. As soon as go to pass him on he starts pacing me. So I start honking the horn, and on the 3rd we go. Just for spit sec he keeps up and then I just start pulling away lik he's sitting still. He tried me 3 more times before he gave up. Here's a couple cell phone pics I took of the engine while at the track.

·
Registered
168 Posts
wow, that engine looks badass.I really like how it has the red valve covers with viper endgaved in them. I guess dodge guys feel about srt as we do about svt.I like it but if I was in the market I would preffer a lightning.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i would take a lightning over a srt10 anyday, better sounding motor the 5.4 is IMO, if i had to pick one, itd be a lightning over the srt10 anyday, id even pay a little more, im not a fan of the srt10, not to mention most people that have them think there the fastest thing ever made, and then they get beat, but they def do haul ass for trucks

·
Registered
407 Posts
i would take a lightning over a srt10 anyday, better sounding motor the 5.4 is IMO, if i had to pick one, itd be a lightning over the srt10 anyday, id even pay a little more, im not a fan of the srt10, not to mention most people that have them think there the fastest thing ever made, and then they get beat, but they def do haul ass for trucks
Lightnings also look better and are easier to mod... not to mention alot cheaper...

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
well of course theres one running 10s, i beleive he was talking stock

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
if you want to know the times of these trucks then go to dragtimes.com it has a supercharged srt-10 doing 10.73 in the 1/4! depends on which truck you line up against, it shows times from 10.73-14.10 in the 1/4
So there's honda running 9's?

If they are running enough boost to run 10's they have had new pistins put in them because they are high compression. Or also a big shot or nos. If its stock motor I would have trouble beleaving it.

I beleive only auto's. All the ones that come through the dealership are autos.
The 2 seaters are standard seen it with my own eyes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts