Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried the svt room so i decied to post it here also, i will post pics also, but the other day i remove this gauge cluster but the as soon as i popped it off the lock or nut, w/e was holding fell back, i removed the radio, but still couldnt find it, any ideas on how to get it, or a way to hold the gauge cluster? btw, its a 1999 cobra =)

View attachment 25460

View attachment 25461

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
do you possibly have something magnetic you can stick down the hole? It's possible that the nut in question is sitting on top of the a/c duct if I'm thinking right.

Its also likely that it fell a good ways and could have landed either on your floor board, under your radio, further back behind other stuff, or underneath everything next to your tanny tunnel. A magnet would help.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i've looked around and cant find it, you know what they say when you want something you wont find it until u dont need it lol... but yea i look around those areas thanks bro

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
you def have a dash problem...there is a hole under your gauge pod! lol your best bet is to get a magnet and poke around....i have found a few things that I dropped back there with a magnet

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Remove the 2 bolts under the center panel. Then you should be able to take off the bezel. With the bezel off you should be able to pull out any of the components in the center dash to gain access to wherever you dropped the piece

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Remove the 2 bolts under the center panel. Then you should be able to take off the bezel. With the bezel off you should be able to pull out any of the components in the center dash to gain access to wherever you dropped the piece
Its been a long time since I had the stock radio.. but I thought you couldn't take the radio out without taking the bezel out. Meaning, didn't he already do that?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
taking out all the bezels and stuff is no big deal...jus take your time and dont force anything lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
there is also another bolt inside the cavity that holds it to the firewall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.