Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This vortech headunit was for a 5.7 liter tpi? A gm car? Haaaa and its clockwise fml what can I do with this thing? What's the selling market for them? Anyone know? Maybe I can just throw it back on eBay? Where I bought it from its so dumb he said it was for a 99 mustang gt that he took it off from. It's a polished headunit too

·
Registered
671 Posts
i would just throw it back on ebay if i were you

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Yeah I figured I would but what should I list it as lol should I lie just like the guy I bought it from I'm in the hole 930 dollars
Two wrongs don't make a right you'll loose alot of respect here if you do that plus no one will trust you on here. Be honest sell it for what it is list a buy it now at 930 and have an auction going as well.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would do a little research and sell it for what it actually is. It sucks the guy scammed you but it isn't fair for you to do the same to somebody else. Or even see if the original seller will take it back

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
That sucks dood, but i agree you should list it for what its for.

Next time ask for serial #'s first ;)

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
File a claim, seeing as he lied. If it's through paypal of course.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
File a claim, seeing as he lied. If it's through paypal of course.
yes it was through paypal.

and ill most likely sell it for what it is, thats why i asked all those questions like whats the market for them.

and the guy wont take it back he said "no returns"

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Like Nito said look into filing a claim. He lied so you may be able to get paypal to get you your money back. Its the easiest way to resolve this if it works.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like Nito said look into filing a claim. He lied so you may be able to get paypal to get you your money back. Its the easiest way to resolve this if it works.
going to have to lol, thats Supercharger Money!!!!! haaaa my plans of roasting tires in a supercharged mustang in spring/summer have been set back :(

well do any mustangs run clockwise vortechs? or does anyone have an old camaro or firebird? haha willing to trade or buy?

·
Registered
808 Posts
If he scammed you thru paypal you WILL get the money back. He will get his parts back. And you will be happy. Ive done this. Takes some time but they stood behind me. We are talking a $3000 scam and it wasn't thru ebay either. If its thru Ebay and Paypal I'm sure you will win. And the NO returns thing don't work if he lied or didn't list it right concerning application. He most likely stole it so he didn't know for sure what it came off of. Trust me you go after this guy and he will pay up.

Reactions: Nito2v

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If he scammed you thru paypal you WILL get the money back. He will get his parts back. And you will be happy. Ive done this. Takes some time but they stood behind me. We are talking a $3000 scam. And the NO returns thing don't work if he lied about application. Trust me you go after this guy and he will pay up.
well that just made me exhale a little bit hahaha. well i just made an actual paypal account but i have the receipt from paypal with the order numbers and what not, anyways heres the description he put on ebay.

I have a Vortech V-1 S-trim supercharger head unit up for auction. It is polished and looks good!! It is in great condition as seen in the pics. It was used on a '99 Mustang for a short period of time before being removed. It has a total of like 6k miles on the blower and is ready for plenty more. I checked shaft play, and this blower does not seem to have any. All the blades are perfect, always ran with a good clean filter! The blower spins perfectly. This unit has been well taken care of and is ready to be installed on your vehicle. It comes just as pictured with the pulley, you will have to supply brackets for it. This unit retails for much more then I am selling it for, so dont miss out on this deal!!

you think this would suffice with a claim?

·
Registered
808 Posts
well that just made me exhale a little bit hahaha. well i just made an actual paypal account but i have the receipt from paypal with the order numbers and what not, anyways heres the description he put on ebay.

I have a Vortech V-1 S-trim supercharger head unit up for auction. It is polished and looks good!! It is in great condition as seen in the pics. It was used on a '99 Mustang for a short period of time before being removed. It has a total of like 6k miles on the blower and is ready for plenty more. I checked shaft play, and this blower does not seem to have any. All the blades are perfect, always ran with a good clean filter! The blower spins perfectly. This unit has been well taken care of and is ready to be installed on your vehicle. It comes just as pictured with the pulley, you will have to supply brackets for it. This unit retails for much more then I am selling it for, so dont miss out on this deal!!

you just start the claim and they will contact you via emails. Tell them the truth and they can look at the auction to see what he sold you. I dealt with some decent people. The scammer didnt even want to talk to them actually he ignored them. Paypal ripped the money out of his account. (what they told me) The guy wasn't willing in the transaction. I'm assuming he had a credit card linked to his account. Dont know how all that works but I got my $$$ back. Accually had his stuff for 2 weeks after getting my money just to be a turd before mailing it back to him. He was getting all threatening to me and I said look, HOW DOES IT FEEL? He shut up.

Edit: don't lose any emails etc from him as you might need them.

·
Registered
480 Posts

You have good legal standing for a misrepresented item that the seller sold under false pretenses. I would IMMEDIATELY save a screen shot of the actual auction and print out a copy of the auction and transaction. It was illegally misrepresented and he is liable for it. You PAID for a supercharger for a 99 GT. You GOT something that was not a supercharger from a 99 GT. Period end of story. Contact ebay and paypal then get your $$ back.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Click on the buyer protection link in that auction listing in the returns section and follow thier steps. Dont get all bent out of shape with them be cool. Who knows he may have had other claims against him and that would be good for you.
One thing I have learned about buying used is, I wont. **** that.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Haha look at his feedback. One said he lied. (neutral feedback) He has alot of total feedback but some real bad negatives. reading on I see more negative FB for items not listed properly by application.. You are lucky they can look at this history. FYI it cant hurt to look at feedback on ebay first before buying. Especially when it involves alot of money.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha look at his feedback. One said he lied. (neutral feedback) He has alot of total feedback but some real bad negatives. reading on I see more negative FB for items not listed properly by application.. You are lucky they can look at this history. FYI it cant hurt to look at feedback on ebay first before buying. Especially when it involves alot of money.
hahahaah damn dude how did you find his account? or even know?

detective over here!!!! lol thanks and ill be filing this tomorrow since im at work now.

well it seems pretty good so far to be in my favor since he even has reviews saying he misled people into buying certain items

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Yeah i had to do a claim through paypal and ebay once, they are extremely helpful and FAST. They get to the bottom of the problem really quick, and if the seller doesn't respond, you'll get your money regardless, and the seller gets "effed in the A" if you know what i mean lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not that hard to find and I didn't want to link it but he goes by the name rcconcepts Guy seems like when he ****s up he knows it and tries to make it right. Contact him first and then go from there. Item was misrepresented even if he listed it as "
VORTECH V-1 SUPERCHARGER S-TRIM POLISHED HEAD UNIT FORD MUSTANG GT CAMARO MOPAR"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts