Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Xbox one, and my son got Overwatch for Christmas. Well, we don't have a Xbox live subscription, because I don't want my kids playing online, but those sorry motherfuckers make it required just to play this stupid ****ing game, which I think is a shitty scam anyways. If I go into settings and turn live chat off, am I correct in thinking that he can play the game, and have no communications with anyone? There's no "gotcha" on that deal? Just turn it off, and let him play?

Thanks, dorks

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
Does it say it requires the subscription or just an xbox live account? I know for Grand Theft Auto 5 it just requires an account and internet access to save the game.

EDIT: Googled it, that sucks they do require a gold membership to play.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Overwatch is online only. There is no singleplayer. You will always be playing with other people. But after you sign up for xbox live (which HAS to be the stupid gold edition to play online) you can make it to where he can only communicate with people you approve by pressing the X button in the middle of the controller and going all the way to the right and going to settings>account>privacy and online saftey>xbox live privacy. There you can set it to the default child settings or go to view details and customize to adjust it how you please.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Account>security>tokens>two factor authentication on
>text verification>email verification >fingerprints>deselect toenails>DNA swab>captcha>ttls>ipspec>ssl>proxy>vpn tunnel>check Nat

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, revisiting this.

I don’t want him communicate with people I approve, I know the game is online only (that’s why I said that in the first post), I know there’s an option in settings to disable chat, and i know where it’s at. All I’m asking, is if I disable chat, is that a blanket disable? When I go into settings and disable chat, does it kill all communications with everyone on Xbox live? There will be 0 communications with anyone? No communication? I can’t think of any other ways to ask a very specific question, so that’s it. That’s all I want to know.

Thanks.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,216 Posts
Okay, revisiting this.

I don?t want him communicate with people I approve, I know the game is online only (that?s why I said that in the first post), I know there?s an option in settings to disable chat, and i know where it?s at. All I?m asking, is if I disable chat, is that a blanket disable? When I go into settings and disable chat, does it kill all communications with everyone on Xbox live? There will be 0 communications with anyone? No communication? I can?t think of any other ways to as a very specific question, so that?s it. That?s all I want to know.

Thanks.
I think the best way to answer your question is to just do it. Start disabling things and see if people can chat. Test it out and see if you can. Test to see if people can reply. Sit with him for an hour and see what happens. Honestly I never had to worry about this but things like this I would just sit with him and test.

·