Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a 1989 Mustang 2.3 hatchback. It's pretty rusty and stuff, but I love the car. Currently swapping out the AOD for a T-5 that we had laying in the back shed. Got any tips for some really cheap horsepower or better gas mileage? The thing sucks gas like crazy, but I think thats because I have a leadfoot when I'm driving. It's almost suicide pulling onto the highway, because it doesn't move hardly. Also, what gear should I use for the speedometer? the transmission has a 7-tooth drive gear (yellow), and the car has 3.73's in it.

Thanks for the help!
Racer7

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
u kno wut saves a lot of gas? ------> Honda

want a sucky car? ------------------> Honda

but seriously tho, if its a 2.3 it shudnt guzzle that much gas..

want more power and fuel economy? one word -- turbo ( no not Honda lol)

·
Registered
18 Posts
sounds like someone who spends too much time on myspace.com has something against "Honda" . Yes, I agree to a point about adding a turbo to the 2.3 but also make sure the tranny can handle the boost as well as the rear end. also, look out for the "Boys in Blue" with the ticket books.

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
i dont hav a myspace -- bet u feel stupid, since u prolly do

and i dont hav anythin against honda, im jus jokin

AND your car sucks. :blowme

·
Registered
18 Posts
myspace

I hate to Wake your Ass up but We have seen your profile on my space.com so dont sit there and lie about it. and the car??? well yours sucks and swallows too. :gives

1 - 5 of 5 Posts