Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just purchased a 92 gt and its black and u can tell its never been polished well. I would like to know what is a good polish and wax thats not too much money I can use to help revive my paint. There are some cracks around the door lock and above the driver side little window the paint is cracked. Also it has typical swirl marks and water spots. I just want something to get rid of the swirls and make the paint pop again. I know i wont get a factory look.

Also I live in FL car will be garaged and since its an older car should I go with a caranuba wax or sealer?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
what products and polisher do you currently own?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have meg gold glass,mother polish and wax i believe. I also have a brand by Smartwax, I have polish,wax and sealer in that brand. And of course just a basic orbital buffer.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I have meg gold glass,mother polish and wax i believe. I also have a brand by Smartwax, I have polish,wax and sealer in that brand. And of course just a basic orbital buffer.
How much $ are you willing to invest in correcting the paint man. If your willing to spend a couple of hundred bucks ($450 to 500) I can help you get it to look like a show car basically a mirror on wheels:) If you only want to spend a few bucks than I can suggest a few non professional product that will still help you, you wont have a show car shine but it will still look better than most other peoples vehicles, but wont cost you too much.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im limited on funds, about to buy a house and all. I just dont see a point in wetsanding and so forth since my clear is cracking in sports.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Well im limited on funds, about to buy a house and all. I just dont see a point in wetsanding and so forth since my clear is cracking in sports.
No need to wet sand only polish I suggest you get the following products.

Autoglym bodywork shampoo & conditioner -- pepboys
Mothers clay bar kit -- autozone
Meguiars Ultimate compound -- autozone
Meguiars Ultimate polish -- autozone
Autoglym High Definition wax -- pepboys

CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicators - Hand polish, hand detail, foam applicators, CCS foam pads, polishing pad

use the orange with UC the white with UP and if you want to red with AG HD

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I usually use meguiars car wash. Is that good enough??? and any type of was that works as good as the HD cuz the only pepboys I have near me is an hour away :-/

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I usually use meguiars car wash. Is that good enough??? and any type of was that works as good as the HD cuz the only pepboys I have near me is an hour away :-/
Yeah that should be fine man. As for an otc wax that works as good as AG HD i dont know of one. But you can use Duragloss 105 its a sealant and you can get it at carquest or napa it has better durability than AG HD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts