Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 45 years Old and have had many Mustangs over the years. Perhaps my most noted car was a 67 Shelby GT500 that I purchased for $8000 and then sold for $20000 ten years later when I went back to college (that was a big mistake). Here is a list of the cars I owned and drove: 65 2+2 fastback, 67 Shelby GT 500, 69 Mach 1, 74 Mach 1, 91 GT and my current car is a mint 12,000 mile 2001 Yellow GT Mustang Premium edition that hangs around in my garage doing nothing at all. I was hoping to turn my 2001 GT into a bad ass Shinoda Boss but I have had a hard time reaching the Team Shinoda people and I can not find out why?
I am a scientist working for the State of California and that gives me a pay check but other than that I try to keep things fun and relaxed.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
welcome to MM...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay I have an update for you guys. 2001 Yellow GT Mustang Supercharged!

I have a Vortech (V3 self lubricated) on my car and I had it reprogrammed with a sweet upgraded SCT Program (what ever those lap top guys do there) and the car put out 337 rear wheel H.P. and about the same Foot Pounds. I have done the calculations with percentage loss added up and the car is putting out about 370 to 380 H.P. Currently I have not changed anything on the outside, soon I am going to add 275/40/17 tires to the rear with 9 inch wheels, I am going to buy a softer compound tire much more sticky then the stock Eagles. After that a cat back exhaust is coming, the car just needs to sound a little more nasty (Violators from Pypes). The black hood is coming after that (still have not come to a conclusion on the type of hood). I am going to replace the lower A arms on the front end as they came stock unpainted from Ford and they are the only parts on the car that are rusting, one of the worst things Ford has ever done (stupid move Ford).

By the way to let everyone know the tuner shop manager told me the supercharger is amazing and it wanted to take the horse power much higher than where it is now 60 to 70 more horse power but I told him to keep it safe so he programed and detuned it to a safe level so the V3 can put out a lot of H.P. if you want it and if your motor can handle it, my motor is stock so I am not going to push it. It is a show car! Now I am 500 pounds less than a 03-04 Cobra but about the same power so look out Terminator guys. And 01 Cobra guys just step aside!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts