Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could i get you alls opinion, right now i have regular flows on it... what setup up do you think makes for the best low growl, raspy, loud sound close to the old stangs? i knw this all the site so srry for asking it again...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Magnaflow magnapacks. Loud, raspy, old school sound. Probably second loudest but best sound quality IMO

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Reactions: dcook_14

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Magnaflow magnapacks. Loud, raspy, old school sound. Probably second loudest but best sound quality IMO
give this man a cigar! people are gonna come in and say flows and macs (all personal prefference) but IMHO magnapacks win, hands down! :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
^^^

i second this mans notion

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
not a magnapack fan here...its a weird sound to me IMO

·
Registered
978 Posts
but i do have to say i ab-so-lutely LOVE the way my car sounds tho.........but its personal with my setup

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
*Happy with Mac O/R H and American Thunder catback*

I think it sounds muscular. It pisses the SRT8 **** off.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
old school rumble=mac's hands down.
^ This man speaks the truth!!

As far as replacing your mufflers, I think the macs are gonna be best for that old school rumble. If you really want a deep growl, pair those mac mufflers up with an o/r h pipe and call it a day!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
here's been my exhaust combos in the 5 years i've owned the car:
bassani x (catted) with weld in flows-too quiet
bassani x (catted) with dynomax race bullets dumped-too loud, sounded good but rattled
mac o/r h with american thunder
mac o/r h with mac catback----WINNER!

not a fan of raspy, but if that's what you want get a magnaflow catback. good quality for sure.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you want the loud deep growl get MAC but if you want a raspy sound with a growl get magnaflows with an x pipe i have currently a bassani off road x and magnaflows out back and its deep at 1/4 throttle and loud and raspy at WOT

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Cams lol

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You'll never get the old school sound. My dad has a 66 Vert and nothing on these mod motors sounds close.
You're right, but we can try to get low grumbly tones out of these.

It's kinda nice though if you're sitting in your backyard and someone is messing around in town rapping off thier pipes that you can tell it's a mustang just from the sound! There was a saleen in the last town I lived in that beat the living piss out it but I could always tell when it was him and not some turd in an F-body

·
Registered
557 Posts
I got a custom H pipe at a shop, but they mufflers kinda suck. Should i get the mac mufflers or thrush weld?

sorry to thread jack

1 - 20 of 33 Posts