Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my car over to Henry's in Raleigh NC. They put on my Bassani catted X pipe. I couldn't seem to get the bolts to the headers off for the stock mid pipe. Evidently they couldn't either it took them 8hrs to get them off/break them and replace lol. But when i picked it up OMG the sound was amazing. They welded every thing up including my Borla stinger cat-backs. This thing sounds so mean now. I rode around with the music off just listening to the exhaust. I also went ahead and put my performance tune that on from Bama with 89 pump gas. It seems a little peppy 'er.

Sound clip coming soon

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
that's a great sounding setup, welding everything together is kinda... eh... if you ever have to take it off but. no leaks!!! glad to hear that exhaust setup worked out. knew you wouldn't be dissappinted.

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice! I absolutely love the stingers. By far the best sounding cat back.

8 hours of labor tho? Ouch that couldn't habe been cheap
They quoted me $150 to $250 depending on the time it takes to get off the header bolts so he stood by the $250 and wouldn't take the extra $50 i offered. I still have the 4 bolts in the middle that connects the mid pipe to the cat-back. so just in case i need to take it off for what ever reason.

I didn't have to cut off my original system. I found that if i take off the upper control arms the rear dropped enough for me to bring the cat back over the axel. All the vids i watched of cat back installs had me sitting there with my saw zaw ready to cut.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
I like the Borla stuff its high quality. They are within 30 miles of me over here but you cant buy anything directly from them its to expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts