Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyboby here of these? I came accross this and am quite interested in one but dont want to waste my money if there not worth it.

Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

·
Registered
286 Posts
I love my On3 kit. Car runs like a champ and the kit installed very smooth.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
I have yet to heart a bad thing about on3....I don't hear alot about em but when i do it's good news. I'd deff consider buying from them.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Wow thats crazy. I haven't heard anything bad about them either beside the welds are weak and the tubes rust I think..idk someone on here didn't like them....I mean i kit for 3k and its a turbo...idk sounds to good to be true.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i haven't heard anything GOOD about them. they suck. the owner of the company was banned from the modular turbo forum, thats how much they suck. there are people that have successfully gotten them to work but we'll see how long they last. i think they upgraded from 304 stainless to mild steel after they had so many bad reviews. i would NEVER run this kit, just my .02.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
oh and btw, there was an extensive writeup on svtperformance about a guy who did one of these kits. after a lot of issues, broken clamps, clearance problems, etc he finally got it running and made 360rwhp at 8psi with the on3performance 70mm turbo.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
the kit is only $1700?
but ive never heard of them
even if i did go turbo it would either be turbocharged power or a hellion kit.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
you get what you pay for end of story if i got the kit i would have to cut and re-weld have the **** to make it work anyway but its a great starting point and alot of the guess work is taken out of trying to build your own home made kit.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
If you want a cheap inexpensive one look at Pony Down, It costs $2500 and it doesnt need a new K member. Plus they use good steal and they dont have problems like the cheapo chineese crap on3 uses...

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's the only scary thing is that it is so cheap I wonder how long it will last. And my buddy made that power with 8 pounds of boost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
good and cheap don't go together when it comes to turbos for our cars.

a RELIABLE turbo kit for our cars you can expect to spend 5-6 grand.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So who sells turbo kits thats not going to rob me?? I see hellions on their site going for 6k'ish but hopefully theres a kit for a few pennies less

1 - 15 of 15 Posts