Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 4.6 DOHC out of a 2001 lincoln continental for free, its one of those gay ass FWD cars. It is all aluminum, both the block and the heads are. I was looking at the bell housing on the engine and it looks to small to go in a mustang. Will the heads or the block work on a mustang?

·
Registered
748 Posts
im pretty sure its RWD. im pretty sure its the same chassis as the crown vic and maruader....do get others' opinions tho.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty sure its RWD. im pretty sure its the same chassis as the crown vic and maruader....do get others' opinions tho.
I got it from my friend that works at a dealership and he said it was FWD.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think so, I'll post a pic later today of it.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
if it came from a Lincoln Continental, it's a FWD block. it has different coolant flow, extra bosses for engine mounts and a different bellhousing pattern. you can't bolt a RWD tranny up to it, at least as far as i know...

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
if it came from a Lincoln Continental, it's a FWD block. it has different coolant flow, extra bosses for engine mounts and a different bellhousing pattern. you can't bolt a RWD tranny up to it, at least as far as i know...

OK. maybe I am wrong. I thought all modualar blocks had the same bellhousing pattern.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are the heads the same?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think Lincoln Continental's are RWD but I could be wrong.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
ooooooooooooo doc just hit you with a spec sheet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts