Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so Ive been really thinking lately of buying a kit to turbo my car instead of supercharging. My question is, does it come with EVERYTHING needed for install? Id be buying it with my tax return and most likely wait until summer or spring for install.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
youll need to buy a tubular K memeber and supporting suspension components.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
google/search. This has been talked about for months now.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
I have spoken to them.

Ensure you get the new kit that has the " forward facing " headers. 2nd gen kit. spools faster and better ground clearance.

They can sell you their suspention kit which is the tubular K member and coil overs for either 499 or 599 including shipping which isn't bad. I believe you will also need Fuel - SVT focus pump and Injectors at least 36# but I would go bigger. I also thinks you will need an SCT big air maf meter. A tune

You are talking like another $1500 to 2K on top of what the system sells for including the tune but considering you are doing all the labor other than the tune.

I'd Say 4K and you probably will be doing pretty damn good. Then you can start building around the kit for traction and once you can use the power then work on making more power! lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have spoken to them.

Ensure you get the new kit that has the " forward facing " headers. 2nd gen kit. spools faster and better ground clearance.

They can sell you their suspention kit which is the tubular K member and coil overs for either 499 or 599 including shipping which isn't bad. I believe you will also need Fuel - SVT focus pump and Injectors at least 36# but I would go bigger. I also thinks you will need an SCT big air maf meter. A tune

You are talking like another $1500 to 2K on top of what the system sells for including the tune but considering you are doing all the labor other than the tune.

I'd Say 4K and you probably will be doing pretty damn good. Then you can start building around the kit for traction and once you can use the power then work on making more power! lol
You will need a custom tune... therefore a handheld tuner as well
youll need to buy a tubular K memeber and supporting suspension components.
Cool thanks for the help guys, Ill have to start doing my research now :drink

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Cool thanks for the help guys, Ill have to start doing my research now :drink
Be sure to get gaskets and v band clamps thers are shitty.Also get some AN fittings and steel braided hose for oil filter relocation kit these are the things I had problems with...

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Be sure to get gaskets and v band clamps thers are shitty.Also get some AN fittings and steel braided hose for oil filter relocation kit these are the things I had problems with...
What's so crappy about the V band clamps? keep hearing this every so often I would like somebody to explain this.

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Just do your research before you order one...this was the route I was planning on going until my motor ate a piston... Now Im doing a forged build and going centri

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
What's so crappy about the V band clamps? keep hearing this every so often I would like somebody to explain this.
^^ id like to know also, One of the biggest complaints iv heard about them

·
Pimp
664 Posts
Do not buy anything fuel related from On3. Im using there v clamps and they are holding up.. for now at least. I have the first gen. Had some issues with low hanging pipes but i cut an inch off at a time and welded the lip on so the silicon connectors dont slip off under boost.

My K-member is the lowest spot on my car. Lol. barely fit my first under it.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Ive seen NOT to use gaskets but only high temp RTV with On3 kits

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I changed my mind too, except I went from ON3 to supercharger. I was set on going ON3 FF, installed a K-member and A-arms, then I started really researching the company. I found, lots of people have had trouble with there service and the parts they provide. I'm not saying all, but too much negativity for my tastes. One positive thing I did see was Mylittlepwny's Build of his 01' Bullitt, he runs the ON3 FF and you can see in his build that it turned out great. Not trying to steer you away from going turbo, just sharing kind of why I changed my mind. If you have the time, money, and patience to piece it together nicely then you'll probably turn out with a solid, reliable setup as mylittlepwny did. Had I saw his thread before installing blower cams and LT's I might still be going ON3 this summer.

Back on topic... Pretty much you'll need fuel pump, tune, injectors, gauges, full front suspension and a bunch of other little **** that adds up. I'd say add 2-2.5k on top the kit itself. And don't cheap out on a K-member. Stay away from QA1 K's, they're garbage, don't ask how I know:facepalm:.

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts

The ones that came with my kit wouldnt tighten up enough and they leaked even with rtv.They broke when I tried tighten them to stop the leaks so I bought some from jegs and some exhaust gaskets and cut the circles off where bolts go and haven't had no issuses so far... And them crappy oil lines I had double clamped them and they still blew off, the ones to oil filter kit...

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Good information to know However if they're going to send out crap parts To cut costs It just cost more in the long run for us.

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Good information to know However if they're going to send out crap parts To cut costs It just cost more in the long run for us.
Everyone might not have same problems as I did but i would most def upgrade those parts. Would hate to be on highway or race track and that oil line blew off bye bye motor!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts