Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it seems just as things get goin alright somthin elese happens! I have gotten into my car a few times lately and my throttle will stick any ideas y? theres no pattern to it it just happens when i get on it "sometimes" it did it with the stock throttle body and now with the new one so i dont think thats the problem! and idk where to go from here everytime it happens i just reach down and pull the throttle back any ideas?

thanks for the help again!!!

hill

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
what year car and where are you located? do you have pedal covers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a 91 one and im located on the east side of colorado. ive already checked to see if it was bound up and nothing plus i lubed it up at the both end of the cable idk where elese to go with it? the car was kind of abused before me is it possible maybe im missin some kind of return spring or maybe one is worn or somthin? im willing to try anything once!!
thanks

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Well is it only doing it when its cold? It could be freezing...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no its just doin it whenever really lol! ive raced a few times and had no problems but then other times ill just get on it real quick and itll stick. its been o idk anywhere between 30 to 60 degrees out and usually the car has been runnin awhile before i even do anthing with it so idk what to do. it irritates me but thanks for the help :mad:

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
I would first inspect the linkages to make sure they aren't binding. If everything looks good throw a cable at it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
mine was doing it and i realized the throttle body butter fly piece was getting hung up on a spark plug wire at wide open throttle...move any wires,vac lines, etc from around the throttle piece.

·
Registered
609 Posts
C_MY_4D

Do me a favor and please respond to every post u see me in. Your avatar is bad ass. i know you have had it for a while, but damn i love it.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts