Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2418 Posts

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been single for a couple years now and the "loneliness" is beginning to set in. Tonight I finally felt desperate enough to sign up on an online dating site with hopes of potentially meeting someone some day. I've had my heart torn in to a thousand pieces in the past by girls who I had very strong feelings for and that has really affected me and my confidence, but years later I still can't seem to get over it/past it.

I'm not going to hold my breathe on this working for me and maybe it isn't the right way to go about finding a new girl, but I probably haven't got anything to lose by trying.

My question for ya'll is: for those that have tried this, did it pan out at all for you?? Or just sluts & high level crazies on there?

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I've been on 3 dating sites for 4 years and I've only met two girls in person and prob 8 phone numbers. It's honestly such a joke. I consider myself pretty good looking just shy as hell, but I get msgs from really weird people. I really only MSG people I find physically attractive to or cute, some girls are just to hot for me and I know it so I don't MSG them. But the very few I've actually gotten replies back from are so difficult to talk to that it would be better to have a conversation with yourself. They don't ask any questions and expect you to do all the work, I'm sorry but after asking you 5 different questions and getting 3 word answers isn't really adding to a conversation.

And if your feeling down because you can't really get to know any girls do not do any online stuff. Because when you get no msgs you will be so disappointed and feel worthless because everyone on that entire website has decided they don't want to talk to you.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I met a girl on one. seemed nice at first but then turned into a crazy cheating bitch. tried again a while later with no success.
Sounds like my ex :screwy:

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

And if your feeling down because you can't really get to know any girls do not do any online stuff. Because when you get no msgs you will be so disappointed and feel worthless because everyone on that entire website has decided they don't want to talk to you.
TBH, I'm really not expecting to get any legit messages. But you never know until you try, right? Trying my best to stay optimistic.

I gotta do something.. It's stressing me out thinking about the fact that I'm 24 and still living at my parents place because I can't afford to get a house on my own. I'd have to make some serious cash to live on my own, and that isn't happening any time soon :(

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait did your parents pay for your car? I'm not trying to sound like a dick or anything I'm just curious of how you can afford it but don't make enough to get out of your parents house
Long story short, saved up 12k for a mach 1 then sold it for 17. Put 17 down on the 5.0 and financed the rest.

My payments are still 420$ a month, though. Which isn't bad, but I don't make a lot of cash.

Decent houses here are 300-350k. Renting around 1500 a month give or take.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
not to tell you how to live OP, but if i were you, i'd be taking advantage of the single time and putting the work in to get a place of my own first. having your own place will make all the difference in the world as to whether or not a girl will be interested in you. they really take things like that into account since chicks are generally more attracted to security than looks or whatever

once you get your poop in a group in that aspect of your life, you probably won't have as hard of a time finding a decent chick

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
i know you don't want to but I bet if you sold the car and picked up a beater for cheap you could probably afford to rent out an apartment somewhere. it won't be glamorous but it's a place you can call your own.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

not to tell you how to live OP, but if i were you, i'd be taking advantage of the single time and putting the work in to get a place of my own first. having your own place will make all the difference in the world as to whether or not a girl will be interested in you. they really take things like that into account since chicks are generally more attracted to security than looks or whatever

once you get your poop in a group in that aspect of your life, you probably won't have as hard of a time finding a decent chick
I don't know about that lol. I have my own place and all my poop in a group but ain't **** happening for me

but then again I kinda stopped trying too

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My priorities haven't been in order, that's for sure. But It could be a couple years until I get to a point where I have a good enough down payment. And my health issues hold me back from getting a second job

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

i know you don't want to but I bet if you sold the car and picked up a beater for cheap you could probably afford to rent out an apartment somewhere. it won't be glamorous but it's a place you can call your own.
That's a tough one. I know it would be the best thing for me to do financially, no payments, expensive insurance, fuel, etc. But I just don't think I could do it. I do have a beater that I drive to work most of the time and use as a winter vehicle for obvious reasons

But I did make 1 step and trade in my smart phone for a cheap flip phone a few weeks ago..

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's something for me to think about for the next little while. I appreciate your thoughts & opinions guys.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
The pool of women in online dating is no different than the pool of women you can just meet at different places. The thing about online dating is you can learn to filter out the crazy and the bitchy ones, the sluts, and the cheaters.

Read their profiles, really really read them. Look at similar stuff that different women say. If they have kids, and they say "My child comes first, no matter what" don't date them. First off, they'll treat you like a child, and secondly they're putting their kid up on some altar and you can never match up. Knowing their kid is important to them is one thing, but a husband should come first to a wife, and the children should come first to the couple, if that makes sense.

Also read into their responses, a lot of things given away there. Finally, the first date is the big teller. Nothing wrong with looking for sex on the first date, I'm no prude and it's fun if you like the girl, just saying that typically speaking for long term healthy relationships it generally doesn't work well if the first time you meet is online. If they're someone you know before hand the rules are different. But all the women I've dated who are actively working on getting me into bed on the first date (I've never "tried" to get someone to sleep with me, I let them initiate it during the first few dates) have usually shown themselves to have some severe personality defects that I wouldn't want to keep around.

There are always exceptions, that is normal. Just saying that you can learn a lot on the initial communication and first date as to whether or not you want to keep seeing her.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
It depends on where you sign up, really. You'll get better quality girls at the pay-to-join sites.

I signed up to Match a few months back because I was in the same boat. I got quite a few #s, dealt with flakes, and even met a few who (if it weren't for ME) we'd probably have gone out dating. The reason I "flaked" is because I ended up exchanging digits to cute girls in person, and one I'm still talking to one over a month later. So in my case, Match didn't do anything for me, but it did get my mind off things for a bit.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I've got all my poop in a group and all that jazz. But nothing good going for me (relationship wise) Sure I meet girls,but they're either crazy, randomly stop talking to me, or end up saying oh yea I have a boyfriend. I'm good at finding the girls not to date lol.
I've thought about joining a dating site. But everytime a thread comes up here about them it's mostly negative.
I joined one once just to lurk and honestly there was no women on there that I found attractive to me

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
My priorities haven't been in order, that's for sure. But It could be a couple years until I get to a point where I have a good enough down payment. And my health issues hold me back from getting a second job

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

That's a tough one. I know it would be the best thing for me to do financially, no payments, expensive insurance, fuel, etc. But I just don't think I could do it. I do have a beater that I drive to work most of the time and use as a winter vehicle for obvious reasons

But I did make 1 step and trade in my smart phone for a cheap flip phone a few weeks ago..
Not trying to shift the whole thread, but I'm sooo close to doing the same thing, it's hard to let go of the convenience, but do I really need to pay shiz-loads of money every month when I could just surf the web on my laptop, and use the phone for what it's purpose is? Meh.

As for your post, you really just need to make a shift in your life, that will get you out of your rut, such as taking out student loans and going to college, that is what I ended up doing when I was at community college, now I'm at a four year university and feel like I'm going somewhere at least. Also having your own place is nice, however don't feel like you HAVE to move out to get a decent girl. It just really takes time, and a lot of luck, you won't find keepers at most bars/ clubs, college is the place to pick them up, that's where I met my gf of 3 years. Foreigners are also more impressive than most typical US girls, I am biased though, my girl is from Ukraine, but we now live together in an apartment and life is grand; both avid Ford lovers and going to school. Education first, and the rest will follow my man; to include a **** ton of money at some point, provided you don't get an art degree lol.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Truthfully I don't miss my smartphone at all. And I like the fact I only have to charge my phone once a week at the most.

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've tried it and met some nice hair dressers. If you like bat **** crazy bitches with a lot of drama date a hair dresser. There are girls everywhere. I have luck in a school environment or at a house party. As for living with your parents consider a apartment or maybe a roommate needed add. I once answered a roommate add and it was one of the best living situations I've ever had and only cost me 400 a month.

1 - 20 of 2418 Posts