Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing through craigslist, and i found this LX. I like it.... im not 100% sure about the engine with its mods, but the rest of the car is super clean. The color is just a plus in my book. Im seriously considering this car as my next project. Whats your guys opinions?

1990 Mustang LX 5.0

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
thats a really nice lookin car but i dont know if its worth 8 grand

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the price is quite high. I hope i can negotiate, or persuade him to sell it for less.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah? I was thinking 6600-6800...... possibly 7000, i have to drive it first.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sharp car, seems a little over priced

·
Registered
685 Posts
very nice looking car I prob would not go higher that 7000.00.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The real killer for me is the air bag steering wheel and the LX body.

I paid $5 grand for my blue 89 last year...put about $6-7 K into it since then.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I think that is pretty awesome. It seems a little high to me, too many people seem to want to get all their money back on their mods, and that's almost impossible to do.

If you can afford it, buy it. But try to get him down to seven.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
well if u think about it that there is about 3500-4000 for the mods he has done to it and it looks like a nice clean and there isnt much donr to the engine its just alot of supporting mods that just add up over time its a damn good foundation. i say get it if he will take 7 for it. but get a carfax if ur gonna pay that much for it..

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The real killer for me is the air bag steering wheel and the LX body.

I paid $5 grand for my blue 89 last year...put about $6-7 K into it since then.
I couldnt agree with you more. Ive always hated the 90-93 airbag steering wheels, and its definately a down side for me... but that could be changed in the future to an 87-89 wheel.

I like the LX style body.. i wish it was a GT in that condition, but finding one locally is hard, especially as clean as this one. If things work out, i think i would end up converting it to a GT and keeping the same color. I called the guy, and he told me i could come take a look at the car and test drive it. We'll see how far i can gew him down.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I couldnt agree with you more. Ive always hated the 90-93 airbag steering wheels, and its definately a down side for me... but that could be changed in the future to an 87-89 wheel.

I like the LX style body.. i wish it was a GT in that condition, but finding one locally is hard, especially as clean as this one. If things work out, i think i would end up converting it to a GT and keeping the same color. I called the guy, and he told me i could come take a look at the car and test drive it. We'll see how far i can gew him down.
funny i like the air bag steering wheel and hate the 87-89 ones..but i'll take my grant steering wheel over them all!!!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Who would like a non tilt 16" x 30" steering wheel...

you're so crazy.

Also try getting in and out of a car when you have a cage with the non-tilt airbag wheel. Maybe I wouldn't hate them so much if they were still tilt.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

BTW, overall it is a nice car, but I think you should be able to get the price down a lot lower, or keep looking. There is always a better car out there for less money. I have a GT front clip laying around here...it could use a new headlight header panel, but the cover is in good shape...I'd be willing to get rid of it very cheap.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW, overall it is a nice car, but I think you should be able to get the price down a lot lower, or keep looking. There is always a better car out there for less money. I have a GT front clip laying around here...it could use a new headlight header panel, but the cover is in good shape...I'd be willing to get rid of it very cheap.
Awesome. I'll keep that in mind (the GT front bumper). I spoke with the gentlemen today twice, and hes open and willing to entertain offers, but i dont know how flexible he is. We'll see tomorrow when i go and take a look at the car. I dont want to steal the car from him, but i really hope i can knock him down to mid-low 6 area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts