Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my sister went to pull my car into the garage while i was gone due to hail, and she cliped the side of the garage on the way in. Im pretty sure it will buff out but im looking to get a new porter or something like that to do a full paint correction. Can someone steer me in the right direction on supplys? (good buff pads compounds buffer ect.) probably not want to keep my budget around 250-300$

also what do you guys reccomend for a good gloss black paint(rattle can)for my mirrors?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looks like paint transfer, compound on a microfiber might buff that out. There is a black product for damaged black plastic but I forget what it's called....
yea it looks like paint was taken off the house, ill try to look into the product for the mirror repps

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
thanks for the link and code, im going to start watching some youtube vids on proper usage, any compound and polish brands you guys think is the best bang for your buck?
Compounds:
Menzerna FG400
Meguiars M101
HD Adapt or Cut

Polish...honestly on silver, you could use HD adapt for both, and FG400 finishes down well enough to 1 step with no polishing needed. But for shits and giggles my favorite Final polishes are Menzerna SF4500 and HD polish.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill probably skip the polish unless im super bored this summer if it is not needed. For a sealant my buddy gave me this stuff from chemical guys that im probably going to use (if i am even supposed to use sealant after a correction lol still need to do research)

·
missippi roolz
9,243 Posts
Ill probably skip the polish unless im super bored this summer if it is not needed. For a sealant my buddy gave me this stuff from chemical guys that im probably going to use (if i am even supposed to use sealant after a correction lol still need to do research)
Yes, you definitely want to use a good sealant after correction (after you do an IPA - isopropyl alcohol - wipedown or two-bucket wash the car again after the compound/polish - want to make sure you remove all the residue from those steps).

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
+1. Just get adapt or FG400, they will both do whatever you want according to what pad you use on that color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts