Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i recently picked up a 94 3.8l mustang as a winter car. i know what your thinking why a mustang, but it was really cheap and what not. anyways my question is the previous owner put a water temp gauge in the car, and now the actual temp gauge on the stock cluster doesnt work. So what is the optimal temp the car should be at? normally i look at the stock gauge if its half way were all good, but i cant do that in this situation. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
With stock t-stat i would say in the range of 200 or so, unless its hot out.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Just looked up t stat's on rockauto. 195 is stock im pretty sure.

So your op temp would probably be around 200-210ish. No way you will be right on the thermostat temp, the radiator isn't that efficient. And in hotter temps of course it will be out of that range.. But im sure that is where you are probably sitting in the winter.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Just looked up t stat's on rockauto. 195 is stock im pretty sure.

So your op temp would probably be around 200-210ish. No way you will be right on the thermostat temp, the radiator isn't that efficient. And in hotter temps of course it will be out of that range.. But im sure that is where you are probably sitting in the winter.
i have a 180 degree thermostat and it stays at 180 unless it is overheating a little then it goes to 195.. when its cold it can stay around 165

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah its 195 to 200ish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts