Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everybodys opinions on the look of deep dish rims up front? I'm considering getting 18x9 and 18x10 deep dish bullits for my car but am hung up on ordering them due to the fact that the front is deep dish. I can't decide if I like it or not...

·
Registered
134 Posts
nothing wrong w deep dish in the front. depends how deep though. mine are 3inch front and 4inch rear . fit and look great

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
man, IMO :gay

and the only reason i say that is because I THOUGHT....that the rear tires were suppose to have the DD w/ the wide tires to give it that aggressive stance...why would you put that in the front.

but again its only MO.
if you like then go for it.

ive seen some that look ok and some that just look straight ****. it just depends

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I'm not a fan... at all. Deep dish is for the rear, imho. However, it's your car, so do what you think looks good!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yea deep dish pizza is the best.................oh wait, my bad....we still talking about rims here...

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I am not a fan of over sized tires on the front, am not exactly a huge fan of the deep dish look either. I think deep dish rims should only be on the back.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
kinda of a tuner think..but doesn't look bad. But I have posted many appearance threads and i'll tell you what everyone told me

"At the end of the day its your car, if you like it did it"

so yeah man do what u want to

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
^+1 right on brutha...preach it. thats what i always tell everyone....its ur ride man, do what u want.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Personally, I'm going to go with a DD 18x10 in the rear, and probably an 18x8 in the front. I didnt know they make DD FRONT wheels?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Personally, I'm going to go with a DD 18x10 in the rear, and probably an 18x8 in the front. I didnt know they make DD FRONT wheels?
why 18 by 8? and not 18 by 9 in the front?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
regular fronts and DD rears i wouldnt both plus it looks better with just the rears it makes them pop more if you do DD in the front it takes away the whole look from the rear and that what DD is all about to make the rears look sick

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I think a small dish on the front looks just fine. I picked my wheels (17x9 front, 17x10.5 rear) specifically because they were that way. I wanted a staggard look but I don't particularly care for the fat/skinny drag racing look. I also didn't want to introduce understeer in the corners. I have had numerous compliments on the wheels since I got them last summer.

The only way that you'll be happy with your car is to buy what you like.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm not a fan of DD wheels, but if I were to get them I'd just do rear, but its your money and your car, do what you like not what others like, thats what makes your car yours

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Depends on the wheel. I love my DD all the way around, and I am far from a *** as some have speculated in this post. DD in just the back looks too much like you are trying to fake a fat/skinnie look. If that's what you want, go for it. **** the jealous hater bitches! ;)

:D

Mustang owners need to step out of the box a little more. We fail so hard at originality. Now I am NOT advocating ruining your car with ugly crap, but we are all starting to look like each other. :(

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I have a different wheel but the same amount of "dish" on the front. I actually don't consider the front wheels to be deep dish. They just have a rim where most wheels now days don't.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the reason I mentioned going deep dish in the front, was not because I wanted to, because personally I don't think I like it at all... But thats all they offer in 18" bullitts on american muscle. Trust me if there was just an 18x9 bullitt rim with just a regular lip, they would have been ordered a long time ago. Unless someone can find me a set with out a lip. Personally I like the staggered look, I could get that with 17's but I figure if I'm upgrading I might as well go a bit bigger. In the end I think I'll end up going with the chrome saleens or something, unless I can find an 18" bullitt rim with no deep dish to throw on the front of my car.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Well, if you want to look at it this way, going from a 17x8 to a 17x9 isn't that much of a difference... if you threw a 17x10.5 on the front, however, I would make fun of you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha, I'd be going with 17x9 in the front 17x10.5 in the back, but if I'm getting new rims I don't want to get the same size, I like the look of the 18's better. Still kickin around the idea of chrome saleens 18x9 18x10, just haven't decided if they're too 'chrome' for my car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts