Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide and they are basically the same price! Maybe someone has had experience with either/or? It's a toss up between the natural finish or powder coat silver finish Trick Flow valve covers or the BBK valve covers. Pics below, what do yall think?!
BBKs

Trickflow natural then powder coated

And powder coated silver:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Feel free to ad pictures of your valve covers installed too!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow after reading some reviews they are saying the bbk are almost impossible to install in the car and tere is no baffle to keep vacuum from sucking oil out of them and into the throttle body?! What about the TF ones?

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Keep the stockers....

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stockers just look so boring.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
I have the Trickflows in natural aluminum. I dig 'em. I didn't have any install problems, but I have my A/C deleted, so I don't have to bother with the PITA A/C lines getting in the way.

BBK products are all fail, IMO.

Edit: There are some pics in my profile.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I think the BBK valve covers look like complete crap. The Trick Flows are nice, but I'd love to get my hands on a set of Team Breeds like I had on my old GT.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
I liked the Moroso's, but holy ****ing expensive....

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I think I will just wait and instead buy a 95 cobra r hood :)

·
Wished my car was done.
267 Posts
Trickflow, trickflow, trickflow!

**** them damned ass BBK valve covers. We had a set on my car and those bastards poured oil out. They leak, there bulkly, and a headache. We ruined my trannny dipstick, an A/C line, and about burnt the car down because of them shitty BBK valve covers.

We switched to Trickflow, best decision ever. They fit great, went on like a charm, and best of all they don't leak.

Also the Moroso's are pretty, but not 450+ pretty :no

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the trickflow on mine in black and I love them. I like the fact that I have 2 places to put oil on either the drivers side or passenger. The only thing is make sure ur wearing gloves when removing the oil cap after just running the car cuz that bad boy gets HOT!

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
FYI, you can't powder coat the stock because they are plastic. I would just get the stock ones painted. Alot cheaper and works fine.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I had the BBK, they suck!!!!! They use a metal spacer that has go in the gasket and they will end up leaking. Not to mention they were a big PITA to remove with the engine in the car.

I ordered the TF in natural and had them powder coated a silver metal flake to match my timing cover and the engine looks awesome. They use the stock vlave cover gaskets and aren't as big and are easier install when the engine is in the car. The openings for the crankcase vent and PCV are threaded so you can thread in an AN fitting and use SS hoses.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts