1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
try and look for frpp axle backs, they're the same exact ones but theyre cheaper and have a ford racing stamp instead of the borla stamp

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
try and look for frpp axle backs, they're the same exact ones but theyre cheaper and have a ford racing stamp instead of the borla stamp
Got a link or website?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they're on ebay too, let me see what i can cook up.
yea the Ford racing ones im seeing on diff websites like brothers auto are as if not more expensive. Again, i dont want to shed cost at the spare of functionality. If the borla has a better sound then the FRRP, then thats what I want...ill pay the 500.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
yea the Ford racing ones im seeing on diff websites like brothers auto are as if not more expensive. Again, i dont want to shed cost at the spare of functionality. If the borla has a better sound then the FRRP, then thats what I want...ill pay the 500.
lol they dont have better sound because they are the same exact ones. there is nothing different about them besides the stamp, ford actually buys them from borla and puts their name on it...or vice versa

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol they dont have better sound because they are the same exact ones. there is nothing different about them besides the stamp, ford actually buys them from borla and puts their name on it...or vice versa
but they are 3.5" tips vs 4"

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
i mean if you want to spend the extra $50 just for the "borla" name, be my guest...its not my money your spending.

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
The Ford Racing ones are made by Borola for Ford & are the same other than the name stamped on them.
Save your self a 100 bill & buy the ford ones!!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
this is what it says on the frrp stingers ebay page

• M-5230-5GT*
  • T-304 stainless construction
  • Proven increase in horsepower and torque
  • Louder, "throatier" exhaust note
  • 49 state drive-by noise legal (not legal in CA)
  • Includes mufflers with Ford Racing embossed 3.5" exhaust tips
  • Made by Borla for Ford Racing
  • Same as Borla Stingers except that "Ford Racing" engraved on Tips

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright I will get the ford ones. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the borla catback system. My part number was 140135 not 11750. The kit that i bought was the dual rear exit split (#140135)which has one pipe exiting out each side of the rear. From what I remember the kit # 11750 is a dual rear exit but is not split which means both would exit out the same side of the rear.

Look at Borla exhaust kits on speedyperformanceparts.com

I couldnt figure out the difference between the kits when I was ordering mine so I called them and thats what the customer service rep told me. Hope that helps.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stanglifemike has them I think. If you see this let me know if there was anything wierd about them or if they "both exit the same side'

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I have the borla catback system. My part number was 140135 not 11750. The kit that i bought was the dual rear exit split (#140135)which has one pipe exiting out each side of the rear. From what I remember the kit # 11750 is a dual rear exit but is not split which means both would exit out the same side of the rear.

Look at Borla exhaust kits on speedyperformanceparts.com

I couldnt figure out the difference between the kits when I was ordering mine so I called them and thats what the customer service rep told me. Hope that helps.
these are just axlebacks not catback exhaust system.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Stanglifemike has them I think. If you see this let me know if there was anything wierd about them or if they "both exit the same side'
I have no idea what that means :no. They bolt in just like the factory mufflers do. I love them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts