Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about putting a set of cams and springs in my car next year. I have the money for everything already, just a matter of making up my mind on what ones to buy..

What cams do you guys reccomend would suit my car best as it is n/a with stock/unported heads?

Ive heard good things about the hitech stg 2's, and VT stage 1's..

And i hear comp makes a good spring.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your time:)

·
Registered
640 Posts
EVERYBODY will say hitech, but i think CMS is a great cam. I am not saying hitech isnt a good cam, but alot of people do it because of the fact the stage 2 u dont have to swap out the springs. Also are u going to go with boost or spray later, because thats a deciding factor too

·
Registered
780 Posts
custom ground cams FTW, its only the real way to get the most of your set up, is worth the extra $ IMO

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I am waiting on my CMS stage 1's to come in the mail as we speak :) Will let you know how they work out! 95Blackstang I love your car. Have a soft spot for Electric green :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am waiting on my CMS stage 1's to come in the mail as we speak :) Will let you know how they work out! 95Blackstang I love your car. Have a soft spot for Electric green :)
Did u get springs or heads with it? i ordered me a set of heads and cams the other day for 1000 dollars.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i like my hitech stage 2's...and yes was nice not to have to do springs.

but i agree the cms stage 2's are very nice. especially seeing jayc's new thread

·
Registered
640 Posts
i like my hitech stage 2's...and yes was nice not to have to do springs.

but i agree the cms stage 2's are very nice. especially seeing jayc's new thread
what numbers did u make to the tire with those cams?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
275 with stock manifold and no udps...have both now but not installed yet. both parts will be going on after christmas so we will see what the difference is. should be somewhere in the 290's or around 290

·
Registered
640 Posts
i just ordered some stage 2 VT cams and stage 2 patriot heads. what do u think ill make?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
n/a....with full bolt ons i would guess 320-330

full bolt on with those cams should be around 290 at least (jayc made 287) and then with the heads i would guess that would be around 320...could be more or could be less

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
i just ordered some stage 2 VT cams and stage 2 patriot heads. what do u think ill make?
400 rwhp. Maybe even 500.

Just kidding. Depends on how aggressive your tune is, and supporting mods, and blahblahblah someone else tackle this.

·
Registered
640 Posts
haha a 400 rwhp N/A 2v...too bad thats nearly impossible. I made 261 hp NA in a 105 degree shop..i wonder how much HP and TQ i lost that day from it being so hot

·
Registered
640 Posts
yeah i know that. ive been told it shows on the dyno though. idk the truth behind that though

·
Registered
640 Posts
yeah. i can def tell my car runs 10 times better in the cooler weather.

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
I say go big or go home. Definately do your research. I got comp 262's and wish I would have gone with a more aggressive cam. Once you get them in there you're not going to want to do it again.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I say go big or go home. Definately do your research. I got comp 262's and wish I would have gone with a more aggressive cam. Once you get them in there you're not going to want to do it again.
well bigger doesnt always mean better. ive actually seem cars that go with stage 3 heads and cams and it jacked up their car. i think its just best to build around what u have.

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
well bigger doesnt always mean better. ive actually seem cars that go with stage 3 heads and cams and it jacked up their car. i think its just best to build around what u have.
That's absolutely true. In my case I should have gone with stage 2s though. There's not a big enough difference imo with the 262's

1 - 20 of 42 Posts