Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 gt auto with bbk shorty headers, bbk cai, bbk o/r x, magnapack exhaust, bbk udp, sct livewire tuner, 4.10 gears, bbk tb, accufab upper plenum, etc. I am thinking about keeping my car N/A and would like to know what cams would be a good fit for my setup. The car puts down like 245 to the wheels and I guess my overall goal would be to make over 300rwhp. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shorty headers and somebody told me that I won't get a big gain with those on and that I should get longtubes instead. Is there any truth to that or was it bad info?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had pretty much your same set up in my 01 and I ran Hitech stage 2 cams they where awesome.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i think alot of people like the hitech cams. I have heard many good things about the MPH cams that tim has and they sound BADASS! go to youtube and listen to some vids of the cars loping too when you narrow your decision down.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Well 300 rwhp isn't going to happen for us man. Us autos always fall about 10-15 rwhp short. Only way is to have your heads worked on. 280-290 is more realistic.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
ive got some 1800 dollar stage 2 Livernois heads for your car. They are in the classifieds. These heads plus you some Good cams, will get you to 300!

PM me if your interested. Ill make you a deal! they are 1800 new. Mine have 400 miles on them. they are sitting in my garage waiting for your car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had pretty much your same set up in my 01 and I ran Hitech stage 2 cams they where awesome.
Hey was your '01 an automatic? Also, did you have any dyno numbers from the cams alone?

Also, I meant I would eventually like to get over 300rwhp and I know that cams alone won't do it. I was eventually thinking tfs heads to help me get over the 300 mark.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
well I am goin hitech in my 01 GT auto....i am gettin them later this month

·
Registered
852 Posts
If your going to keep your motor stock I say go with Hi Tech cams.

If your going to rebuild your engine which I believe I saw in another post. Get custom cams with trick flow heads.
Or you can do what Im doing already found a shop that has done the swap many times is swapping a 5.4L over which I will be staying N/A and looking to get around 350rwhp if not more. Got stage 2 comp cams from the shop ready as well my heads port and polished with new valves.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i sure do have some nice livernois stage 2 heads that i would love to sell to a fellow MM member!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
How much do you want for the Livernois heads?

Is there anything wrong with them?

How many miles are on them?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Nevermind, I see they have 400 miles on them.

Why are they being sold if they only have 400 miles on them?

·
Registered
546 Posts
go with a cam and a 75 shot that should give you 300 rwhp or more

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i thought i wanted to go that route but dont anymore. THey look BRAND NEW! My car is running too good right now to go and mess with it at the moment. Im in the process of buying a house so im not needing anything else to tie up my time right now.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
idk but does Baker have Livernois heads Like Brand new for cheap?? lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
they are 1800 new and im asking almost half for them shipped!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts