Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with deciding what would look good for the exterior...

my stang is red with tan interior, ten vert top, and tan rocker stripes... here's a pic...

I have a black chin spoiler on now, and thought about taking off the tan stripes and putting on black ones, cause everyone knows red + black = :cool:, lol...
I was looking into eventually getting black bullitt wheels with the chrome lip, which look great on red IMO...

but some of my friends told me it wouldn't look good with red and black exterior with a tan interior, and tan top... and would make it look kind of tacky. And I'm kind of split on this, cause I love the red & black, but don't want to spend all that money to finally look at it and say that it doesn't match like I thought it would...

What do all of you think?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably be replacing the top with a black one if this starts leaking more...

I thought about tinting before, but I usually have the top down a lot, so I rarely ever have the windows up.

I was thinking about having the black rocker stripes, black rear panel, with the black bullitts... well, pretty much your whole sig, :lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Convert to white leather and white top. Red+White interior=:cool:. You could always just put on a black top and leave the interior tan though

·
Registered
253 Posts
Never been a big fan of white tops on any vert. But white interior with red trim, that would look sweet! I dont think the tan top would look good with the black rims, I like red + tan w/ smoked bullits.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i think it would look pretty dang nice if you removed those rocker panel stripes (diy free), got a decent window tint if u decide you want one (~200), lower it (not sure on price), grille delete (~80), and get some nice looking chrome wheels (depends on the wheel, size, tire and tire size).. i think 17" would look nice but I wouldn't go much bigger than that on your car.. chrome 03 cobra wheels maybe... just my opinion.. good luck on your decisions man, keep us updated

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about just keeping the stripes off, but it's an 01 and kept in the sun cause the garage is full, and I doubt the owner before me garaged it...so I'm pretty sure the paint has faded quite a bit, so it may leave an outline of the stripe.

Which is why I haven't taken the door guards off yet either, I don't want an outline across the middle of my door without the money to repaint it.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, they're tan, they match my interior...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
laser red is the darker shade they had right? I always liked that color better.

I mostly thought of doing black on the exterior because the chin spoiler is black and doesn't look right with the tan stripe...

as far as I can tell, I think it wouldn't look too bad since the top is never really up when I'm showing it off, and it's leaking, so if it ever gets ruined, I'll get a new black one.

to me the black and red looks badass... here's what I'd like it to look like, but with a chin spoiler of course

1 - 11 of 11 Posts