Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Im looking to put a full exhaust system on my car but am having trouble deciding which cat-back to use with long tubes and off-road midpipe. I want something that will stand out from the rest with good sound. Ideas???

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
MAC, SLP, or Hooker LTs (depending on your budget). Make sure they are ceramic. O/R shorty prochamber. SLP LM2 or Magnapacks (I'm partial to the LM2s).

Loud as hell and unique:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was considering LM 1's for the Catback..but in the way of long-tubes and off road midpipes...is there much of a difference from brand to brand?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
A prochamber will make more TQ then an X or H, will make more HP then an H, and about the same (maybe a bit more) HP then an X. Puls, I think the prochambers sound bad ass. MAC makes a good set of cheap LT's. SLP is a little above middle of the road. Hooker is one the better ones out there (cost a penny though). If you want better then that you're really gonna pay.
American Racing Headers

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
O god.... do i even need to say this?

PYPES "THE BEAST" HEADER BACK EXHAUST!!!!! FTMFW!!!!!!!
consists of an o/r x pipe and the violator catback (loudest chambered and imo, the best sounding chambered exhaust on a 2v mustang gt)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
or there is always KOOKS...lol. $1g for LTs and 300-500 for an x pipe.
why in gods name would ne one spend that much on exhaust! That just boggles my mind!

I spend $400 on my catted x and catback and it's louder than 90% of all other stangs with chambered mufflers and a full ehxuast, and imo (key work my opinion!) is the best sounding exhaust on a 4.6L 2v, sounds awsome on a 4v as well.

Pypes also sells LT and ST headers. for $400-$300

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
why in gods name would ne one spend that much on exhaust! That just boggles my mind!

I spend $400 on my catted x and catback and it's louder than 90% of all other stangs with chambered mufflers and a full ehxuast, and imo (key work my opinion!) is the best sounding exhaust on a 4.6L 2v, sounds awsome on a 4v as well.

Performance. If you've got more money then you know what to do with, then why not spend that extra $700 for that extra 2 HP:eek::D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the long tubes i was looking at was from pypes or steeda. both are about 400 bucks. and the o/r x pipes are both under 200 from both brands

·
Registered
748 Posts

sometimes its for quality and raftsmanship, and for SS304 through and through. durability. whether or not its smart can be agrued.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
sometimes its for quality and raftsmanship, and for SS304 through and through. durability. whether or not its smart can be agrued.
Yeah... ik, but i just think its stupid that someone spend that much. 1K is so damn much... you can get a set of ceramic stainless MAC LT's for like $500

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah... ik, but i just think its stupid that someone spend that much. 1K is so damn much... you can get a set of ceramic stainless MAC LT's for like $500
true. which is why im not sure if i want to do such. i want it to last and not rust like my flowmaster catback is. but how much is too much.:confused:

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I knew I was forgetting another big one:eek:
I would rather pay $1G for the Kooks and never have to worry about them ever than have to put them on twice. Have you ever put headers on a 4 valve? It's not fun! I like the Bassani systems on 2valves. I think that it's one of the better sounding exhaust kits for the 2 valve, but that is purely my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts