Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm looking to buy an o/r x-pipe but i cant decide on the brand. i've got bbk shorty headers (wasnt looking for performance as much as i was sound. plus they're less of a hassle to install than lt) so i thought about going with a bbk pipe. any thoughts on brands?

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
If you're on a budget, check out the UPR Products X...it's 179.99 and I have heard great things about it. I'd avoid the Pypes branded X though, I have heard it is a piece of junk. If you don't mind shelling out extra money, Mac Prochamber is supposed to be fantastic.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Is the UPR really that great? cause i was gonna get a BBK, but if the UPR is good id rather save some money and spend it on that.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
The UPR is what I plan on purchasing. I've heard nothin but good things about it, considering the price as well. I have, however, heard Prochamber is far superior, is is close to twice the cost. Pypes has a horrible reputation with their X pipe though.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Hrmm...i think I'll just purchase the UPR one, save me 40 bucks. and i can purchase my short shifter too!

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
lifetime warranty...and 170 for an X pipe wit shipping fee's...definitely doing that.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
The UPR is what I plan on purchasing. I've heard nothin but good things about it, considering the price as well. I have, however, heard Prochamber is far superior, is is close to twice the cost. Pypes has a horrible reputation with their X pipe though.
Prochamber man! You won't regret it! I've had both the Mac o/r X pipe and now have the prochamber. It sounds sooooooo good!

·
Registered
594 Posts
UPR's version is aluminized steel so not sure if you drive in snow being in Nebraska but it will eventually rust!

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Nope. Only when it's dry.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I ran a bbk o/r x for years with out problems. They can be found used pretty cheap if ya do a lil looking.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
I already bought the X pipe.

Edit: oh OP.. sorry..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts