Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I want to do some major work to the car but I wanted to get some opinions on what I should do 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. These are the things I want done but not in order.

CnC ported heads (FRPP)
Shortblock build (BBR 650)
S/C (Whipple HO)

I would think to do the shortblock first, but no added power. For the money for the shortblock with no power would be a tease for me. I was thinking maybe CnC heads 1st, then S/C, then shortblock. Lets get some opinions. What would you do?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Super charger, Short block ,heads. Do the SC so you feel what you are working on, and then upgrade the block and add more boost.

·
Registered
870 Posts
1)motor
2)heads with springs and cams
3)s/c

Engine: bottom up
Drivetrain and suspension: back to front

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I've always built from the ground up. It is a tried and true tested method in car building. Tires, suspension, drivetrain, and then motor. When it comes to the motor it all depends on what your end goal is. I would think that you are going to want to build the bottom end first, then heads/cams, and then your Whipple. But it all depends on what your end goal is.

I am actually planning my whipple before my bottom end but I'm not planning on running that much boost until I have a different daily driver. So it may be a while before I need to build the bottom end. I'm going to run stock heads with the mild cam I have in there right now. But I think I'm going at it a little backwards because of outside circumstances. If I were building the car without any other concerns, I would do it the way I stated in the first paragraph.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would say the same thing, you'd save alot of time and money (unless you DIY) if you did it all at once.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Okay, I want to do some major work to the car but I wanted to get some opinions on what I should do 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. These are the things I want done but not in order.

CnC ported heads (FRPP)
Shortblock build (BBR 650)
S/C (Whipple HO)

I would think to do the shortblock first, but no added power. For the money for the shortblock with no power would be a tease for me. I was thinking maybe CnC heads 1st, then S/C, then shortblock. Lets get some opinions. What would you do?
My opinion: Do the s/c first. Enjoy the hell out of it until you you've got money saved up to do the block and heads at the same time...then add a smaller pulley too:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts